• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've done my good deed to keep comics alive!!

33 posts in this topic

I went to pick up my tickets today for Punisher later on this evening

and to pick-up my FREE Comic. As I was doing so the clerk said he

was getting tired of people asking for them and wished they would run

out so he could get back to his slumber. On that note I said if I could help

him out by taking some more of them... Then he gave me the whole freakin' box!!

Oh well, then it struck me this is an "R" rated movie and kids don't get the chance

to get these books for free so I took the whole lot of them (bagged and borded

at my own expense) and felt like playing santa claus around my neighborhood.

The kids were all about getting something free, and it puts something in their

hands that saddely doesn't end up there more often - A good Comic book!!

I've done my good deed for the day to keep comics alive!!

END cool.gif

_w

Excellent. Unfortunately your avatar features my most-hated movie and my most-hated actress of all time. But since you did such a great thing, we shall leave that discussion to another day! 27_laughing.gif

Hey Nerf -- can I buy one from you? My theater didn't have any!!!! PM me if you are willing to sell me one at a reasonable price plus shipping. Thanks. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I went to pick up my tickets today for Punisher later on this evening

and to pick-up my FREE Comic. As I was doing so the clerk said he

was getting tired of people asking for them and wished they would run

out so he could get back to his slumber. On that note I said if I could help

him out by taking some more of them... Then he gave me the whole freakin' box!!

Oh well, then it struck me this is an "R" rated movie and kids don't get the chance

The kids were all about getting something free, and it puts something in their

hands that saddely doesn't end up there more often - A good Comic book!!

END cool.gif

_w

Unfortunately your avatar features my most-hated movie and my most-hated actress of all time.

Natural Born Killers? waaaayyy to OT!! 893whatthe.gif

Excellent. Unfortunately your avatar features my most-hated movie and my most-hated actress of all time. But since you did such a great thing, we shall leave that discussion to another day! 27_laughing.gif

You didn't like Natural Born Killers?

Let me guess....

You forgot to eat mushrooms beforehand. smirk.gif

You didn't like Natural Born Killers?

Let me guess....

You forgot to eat mushrooms beforehand. smirk.gif

One of the worst movies ever. Stone is a hack.

Hate that movie, but watching the girl (Can't think of her name off-hand) certainly didnt hurt my feelings any...

Yea, well opinions vary.

On that note: out of the box I have seven (ASM # 129 reprint giveaways)books left and

I'm going to try to find young readers for them. If any of you out there wasn't able to get

a copy for their kids or yourself let me know and I'll be happy to ship you one per household

(you provide the shipping expense).

First come first serve.

_w

Thanks man! You are the best!

URN Luck!

I just had a bunch of kids come to the door for some more books and I'm down to two...

one for me one for you!

I'll be in touch and I'll just ask for the shipping dude.

later

_w

Good work, but why did you bag and board the comics? It would be much better to encourage young kids to start READING comic books again, rather than collecting them. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well blowout,

If I really had a lot ot spend I would've bought a spinner rack to display them so that they would get the full experience and left them totally out of the plastic, but this isn't 1973 and the way comics today are excepted and sold is in a collectable bag and board.

In short, we need a way to get a comic in a kids hands anyway we can!!!!

The kids can't buy them at the super market or gas stations or millions of other places like we used to.

Now 99% of the time, they have to go to a hobby store, and that is what the plastic and board is really suppose to remind them where they can get them.

And, so what if they're collecting as long as they read them

and learn to cherish them like we do.

And please don't try to say that a kid is going to collect and not read the books, I let kids bum my essential books all the time and if pretty pictures and collecting was all they we're finding for enjoyment then the books that I lent to them would grow dust and not have them knocking on my door asking for the next episode. laugh.gif

oh well, I hope I made sense to somebody.

_w

And, so what if they're collecting as long as they read them

This is the key point, and the only way a true collector is born is through prior reading and enjoyment of the books. I'd hate to see todays kids develop a collector mentality without first learning to enjoy the comics for what they are.

Hey. I did the same thing on a lesser scale. I went to see Kill Bill and got my free Punny comic anyway, then after the movie I noticed a crumpled promo at the top of the trash can. Instinctively I grabbed it out and brushed off the popcorn and candy chunks stuck to it. My girlfriend was quite embarrased. Couldnt let a perfectly good comic rot in the trash though.