• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard's Top 15 Forgotten Hero's/ Villain's

32 posts in this topic

I have recently picked up a few back issues of Wizard that I missed, and in issue 149 is a list of hero's/villain's that are outside the 'A' list but are Wizard's pick for the best chance of making it in.

Here's the run down:

15. Red Tornado

14. Tiger Shark

13. Mr. Zsasz

12. Stingray

11. Blue Devil

10. Sunfire

9. The Ray

8. Taskmaster

7. The Shroud

6. Deathlok

5. Omac

4. Iron Fist

3. Moon Night

2. Mr. Miracle

1. Ghost Rider

We have talked before about Taskmaster being an under used/valued villain and I definately think that Tiger Shark also fits into that category (perhaps a costume change is in order blush.gif). As for the hero's I am a big fan of Iron Fist and Ghost Rider, but could they apeal to todays readers or has their time past?

What are your thoughts on the list?

13. Mr. Zsasz

confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

11. Blue Devil

3. Moon Night

I actually liked that campy Blue Devil book back in the 80's and early 90's. Of course, I was only a pre-teen back then but it was enjoyable in its own way. I would not mind seeing him added to a team book like Justice League. Not as a headliner, just as a supporting cast member.

Moon Knight, what can I say about that. When Sienkiewicz was drawing him he looked great. Now if they could find a writer that could handle him the way he should be then I would pick it up. Perhaps a Marvel Knights book with the darker and gloomier feel to it would work.

Just my .02.

Red Tornado

Sunfire

Iron Fist

I like the Red Tornado for some unknown reason. Sunfire always held appeal for me partly because he was Japanese. I always thought they could do something interesting with him in X-Men if they keep him around for a few issues. Iron Fist is cool. I actually don't mind the artwork in the new series. Not my favorite style but definitely not atrocious in my eyes. I will stick with the new series if the story maitains my interest.

Sunfire always held appeal for me partly because he was Japanese. I always thought they could do something interesting with him in X-Men if they keep him around for a few issues.

Yeah, I kinda liked Sunfire in the early Claremont X-Men issues also. They were shaping him up as the angry rebelious one, a role that was taken over, quite sussessfully smirk.gif, by Wolverine. I guess they figured one loose cannon was enough...

Taskmaster, Tiger Shark, Iron fist, yes!!

Ghost rider always sucked. But it had motorcycles and it was just a little bit cooler than US1 !! 893whatthe.gif

Blue Devil was fun, but I'd need to re-read now that I'm older.

Moon Knight and the Shroud [sort of] were always B-Grade Batman's to me....Maybe Sectret War will give them a boost/revamp?

Deathlok is a nice what-if character.

I have recently picked up a few back issues of Wizard that I missed, and in issue 149 is a list of hero's/villain's that are outside the 'A' list but are Wizard's pick for the best chance of making it in.

Here's the run down:

15. Red Tornado

14. Tiger Shark

13. Mr. Zsasz

12. Stingray

11. Blue Devil

10. Sunfire

9. The Ray

8. Taskmaster

7. The Shroud

6. Deathlok

5. Omac

4. Iron Fist

3. Moon Night

2. Mr. Miracle

1. Ghost Rider

We have talked before about Taskmaster being an under used/valued villain and I definately think that Tiger Shark also fits into that category (perhaps a costume change is in order blush.gif). As for the hero's I am a big fan of Iron Fist and Ghost Rider, but could they apeal to todays readers or has their time past?

The two in that list I always thought were cool, but under-developed and underused, were TaskMaster and Tiger Shark.

Ghost Rider and Deathlok are two characters that I never understood why they were brought back so many freaking times, as they're really not that strong as concepts, and the original books blew for the most part.

Oh well, no accounting for taste. confused-smiley-013.gif

I really liked Ghost Rider back in the day, especially towards the end of the first series, as Blaze and Zarathos were fighting more for control. Seeing that stuggle played out was what made the character work for me. Since the early 80's though...... confused-smiley-013.gif

JLA was one of the first titles that I collected when I got into comics in the late 70's, so I've always liked Red Tornado. I also collected Power Man & Iron Fist for a long time, too, in the 80's. I thought that was a good title, too.

He is sooo lame, they didn't even bother to mention him on the list. 27_laughing.gif

Hey, if Deathlok and Ghost Rider are on the list, that must mean Luke is A-List. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yeah, cause Luke Cage has such a great origin story and awesome abilities. What were they again? oh yeah tough skin....oooohhh! scary.