• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First 10.0 !!

26 posts in this topic

I've had it in my collection for quite some time. I loved the way CHAOS! did their variants, so I picked up quite a few.

I submitted 5 different Purgatori variant covers; two came back 9.8, one came back 9.6, one didn't pass the pre-screen and of course, my prized 10.0 you can see for yourself at the top of this post.

I won't be selling this one... for sentimental reasons, since it's my first ever 10.0. After trying to get one for over a year, and submitting well over 100 books, I finally got one!

I remember my first ten...her name was Cathy and boy could she.....

oh, sorry, your talking comic books here....nevermind grin.gif

Beautiful book, that is one of my favorite covers of all time. Important to note: THIS COVER IS NOT PAINTED BY RICKY CARRALERO AS THE CREDITS INSIDE SUGGEST and as stated on the CGC label. Not CGC's fault as the interior credits do state Carralero as the cover artist. This cover and the premium and regular first issue of Lady Death: Last Rites #1 is also by Armando Huerta (again credit given to Carralero). This is a fact and not a rumor. Ricky Carralero is an art thief that has ripped off many artists and stole the credits on much of Huerta's artwork including all of Huerta's cover art for Chaos. I am not connected in any way but have studied this story and am a huge Huerta fan. I originally thought Carralero was the artist as well. I know this is OT but I am very familiar with the work of both scammer Carralero (of early Double Impact shame) and the amazing Huerta so I had to point it out. You can do research on this to verify my statements but be aware that Carralero may deny it.

Congrats on the book. I had a few graded and they came back as 9.6. -------Sid

Yeah this whole dispute comes down to one important fact:

Look at the work each has done since the split, and judge for yourself.

What, you say Ricky has done squat? 27_laughing.gif

I didn't really understand the "squat" thing but yes, Ricky is also an artist, but not a very good one. He did do the art for the first two forgettable Double Impact series and well as some of the covers for some later DI spinoffs. Many people are unaware of Huerta's work in comics which started AFTER the first two lame DI mini-series. His airbrushed covers are beautiful and the most sexually explicit comic cover work I have ever seen. His interior art is not painted but also very edgy and detailed. If you like this Purgatori cover then try to find Huerta's covers on some of the obscure DI comics from '97 and '98 and I think early '99. Now he is doing his own thing (art books and pinup-style paintings) and Carralero from what I heard may be facing future lawsuits, if not already. Huerta was at the last San Diego con promoting his new book at a booth called something like Exxxtreme Stickers who also sell stickers based off of his work. -----Sid