• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet on Wednesday?

36 posts in this topic

We have always been the publishers of the book at Gemstone. But we have an arrangement with Random House whereby they distribute the books into mainstream book stores with a unique cover designed by them and carrying their log and information as well as ours. For years now, the alternate versions have been the same from one year to the next. We offer two distinct cover variations through the direct market and comic shops (the 'Gemstone editions') and Random House has their bookstore edition with a third cover variation. Then we also offer the BIG BIG COMIC BOOK PRICE GUIDE, which is the spiral version with larger printing.

Arnold

The online book retailers aren't listing the spiral edition yet. I assume I am just early looking for it, considering the regular editions just appeared recently.

Thanks for your help.

The online book retailers aren't listing the spiral edition yet. I assume I am just early looking for it, considering the regular editions just appeared recently.

Thanks for your help.

I think the Online book sellers will not offer the Big Spiral bound version. This is only available through direct sales. Although I again defer to Arnold's expertise.

The 2004 Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide will be ready for shipping this coming week. We have made arrangements not only to be able to discount the price, but to also give you free shipping within the US for each copy ordered. Be one of the first to get this all-new price guide, with two different covers in both a hard and soft over edition. Just go to our home page at www.bcemylar.com. Go to the bottom of our home page and click onto the price guide link.

Bill Cole's web site simply says it's shipping "on or about April 23, 2004". If it began shipping on Friday, we wouldn't get it until next week...and that's assuming the "about" qualifier doesn't mean it will ship even later.

Thanks for your help.

I think the Online book sellers will not offer the Big Spiral bound version. This is only available through direct sales. Although I again defer to Arnold's expertise.

Actually, I'm nearly 100% certain I saw it on Amazon last year (or the year before). Although, my mind is going fast... :-)

Whoa, you're right! That's new today, because I looked there yesterday afternoon and it wasn't on the list. My local comic shop is also advertising on their web site that it arrives Wednesday.

It should be in the stores on Wed, I got my advisors copy today. I love getting the Overstreet, I still feel like a kid when I crack a new one open smile.gif

Bob and his crew did a great job again! 893applaud-thumb.gifacclaim.gif

It should be in the stores on Wed, I got my advisors copy today. I love getting the Overstreet, I still feel like a kid when I crack a new one open smile.gif

Bob and his crew did a great job again! 893applaud-thumb.gifacclaim.gif

i agree wholeheartedly - always look forward to it every year even when i wasn't actively buying/collecting. have managed to pick up the first 5 issues over the years and love to go back and berate myself for not buying up highgrade books in mass quantities frown.gif

tongue.gif Now will say you're sorry? smile.gif

shocked.gif That would imply I wronged you in some way! Disagreeing isn't wrong, it's all part of researching, discussing, and/or debating to reach the truth. cloud9.gif

It's coming out this week . I got an email on it.

which means if it was ordered from Lighthouse we should get it sometime in August.

Yeah, 2005!

Still waiting for my TPB prize for winning 2nd place in the Blizzard "Name the wall of comics contest"!!

You'll get your OPGs after I get my TPB. Wait your turn in line!!! sumo.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I just thought I'd post a reply that I made in another thread. Thought it would be pertinent to post it here also.

"With all the garbage Marvel has been reprinting lately, I can't believe they haven't reprinted Starlin's Warlock material. It seems like it's just begging to get done. "

"They already did back in 1982 - called it Special Edition Warlock. It reprinted issues #10 - #15 and also reprinted the Strange Tales issues and the Avengers annual and marvel 2-in-1 annual. (info picked out from the OPG, you know, that thick book that everyone says isn't important to the current market...yet a majority of us collectors are all a-tingle waiting for it to arrive tomorrow). "