• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aragones

37 posts in this topic

Was reading some MAD stuff and came across this cartoon and just started laughing. Sergio's work is always funny, but the guy leaving with his purchase in this panel is utterly hilarious !!

Arragones1.jpg

Aragones :cloud9:

I recognize this...the guy with the leg in a cast is faking just to get more money for the equipment he "can't use anymore". In the next panel he should take off the fake cast with a smile and a butt load of dough! :grin:

This is a personal favorite of mine. You should come see our ambulance fleet. This cartoon is more accurate than I care to think about.....

1741225-p00001_super.jpg

In that case, no thanks! :fear:lol

I guess I do not get it. What is the guy carrying away? It looks like it is drawn wrong, like one of those optical illusion tests

lollol

It is the impossible fork. Used often as in Mad.

^^

I recognize this...the guy with the leg in a cast is faking just to get more money for the equipment he "can't use anymore". In the next panel he should take off the fake cast with a smile and a butt load of dough! :grin:

aragones2.jpg

As a side-note, Sergio's new comic "SA's Funnies" comes out from Bongo in a couple of weeks!

Excellent !! :applause: .... and WTTB

I met Sergio at a con once many years ago. he signed and sketched my Groo graphic novel. :cloud9:

Sergio, is the main reason upon how I became captivated with funny books. It was his art and humor (Groo really) that got me hook, line and sinker.

(Read my set description for my Groo Pacifics)

Argones = ^^

Sergio is a true gent. When he saw my little girls in line waiting to meet him years ago he waved them to the front of the line and drew an awesome sketch of Groo for them.

This is so classy. I bet there are lots of stories about Sergio like this. One of our hobbys gems. Thx for sharing the stories :cloud9:

I guess I do not get it. What is the guy carrying away? It looks like it is drawn wrong, like one of those optical illusion tests

lollol

It is the impossible fork. Used often as in Mad.

^^

aragones2.jpg

lol:applause:

The "Mad POIUYT"...first seen here:

mad93.jpg

That cover is classic, however if you notice the dates on that cover and Sergios cartoon, you might have to reconsider your position on its first use :grin:

As a side-note, Sergio's new comic "SA's Funnies" comes out from Bongo in a couple of weeks!

Excellent !! :applause: .... and WTTB

I met Sergio at a con once many years ago. he signed and sketched my Groo graphic novel. :cloud9:

Sergio, is the main reason upon how I became captivated with funny books. It was his art and humor (Groo really) that got me hook, line and sinker.

(Read my set description for my Groo Pacifics)

Argones = ^^

Sergio is a true gent. When he saw my little girls in line waiting to meet him years ago he waved them to the front of the line and drew an awesome sketch of Groo for them.

This is so classy. I bet there are lots of stories about Sergio like this. One of our hobbys gems. Thx for sharing the stories :cloud9:

All I ever heard from people is that Sergio is one of the nicest guys out there at cons or in public. He enjoys doing his sketches and so proud of his work. Like noted above, enjoys kids and obliged to make them feel important. A TRUE GEM to our hobby indeed!!

This issue of MAD is the issue in which Sergio became a regular contributing artist.

MAD76.jpg

His first cartoon spread ? ..... the Space Effort :grin:

MAD76sergioisaregular_0001.jpgMAD76sergioisaregular_0002.jpg