• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Probably A Board Meltdown Happening In Here- Come In For A Look!

506 posts in this topic

I'm just tired, tired, tired of collecting Mint books with a few variants per issue. I was doing this stuck in a bad relationship. I was doing this while unemployed. I just don't want to worry about this kind of collecting anymore.

So, I defy my focus and start to dismantle my Registry Set of over three years, to start fresh on something with a little breathing room here and there, along with variety.

As always... My loss is your gain.

I think you're being much too hard on yourself. I used to do the same, look back and be relentlessly hypercritical about some, maybe at times a lot, of the comics material I bought years ago. A piece of valuable cognitive advice I've been given is to accept that what you did here was right for you at the time, but you change and lose connection, and it's perfectly natural to need a new stimulus and challenge.

Maybe you do need to repeat this mantra to yourself quite often to really internalise and accept it, but I've found it does eventually help in bringing this type of transition to a peaceful conclusion. :)

wow, I'm very surprised to see this thread! good luck with the sales. I feel you in what you say about collecting. I've definitely slowed down big time in terms of submissions and spending money on grading!

one thing you have going for you are the grades of these books. I have a box of slabs that probably no one would want other than me!

I should put up a book, so I don't get into trouble. hm

$40

Priced on the IDW curve(which I never liked).

:o

Awesome price!

Did you give Cheryl (the future #1 registry set holder?) the opportunity to cherry pick the L&K's before listing them here?

Yes we have talked about this for months now... I too have sold a lot of my extras but am holding onto my SS copies, which Jerel knows I prefer. I may buy one or two from you here and there though Jerel - your prices are way too low to pass up!

I'm just tired, tired, tired of collecting Mint books with a few variants per issue. I was doing this stuck in a bad relationship. I was doing this while unemployed. I just don't want to worry about this kind of collecting anymore.

So, I defy my focus and start to dismantle my Registry Set of over three years, to start fresh on something with a little breathing room here and there, along with variety.

As always... My loss is your gain.

I think you're being much too hard on yourself. I used to do the same, look back and be relentlessly hypercritical about some, maybe at times a lot, of the comics material I bought years ago. A piece of valuable cognitive advice I've been given is to accept that what you did here was right for you at the time, but you change and lose connection, and it's perfectly natural to need a new stimulus and challenge.

Maybe you do need to repeat this mantra to yourself quite often to really internalise and accept it, but I've found it does eventually help in bringing this type of transition to a peaceful conclusion. :)

Thank you. :)

You are right. I feel I do need to do this now, especially after the passing of my father, loss of Salem(Jen somewhat... hm ) and other stuff brought up in this thread.

I just need a change. I just need a change. I just need a change. I just need a change...

:o wow Jerel, I hope you find a lot of joy in your next collecting project :foryou:
Thank you Steve. I felt like I would let you down doing this. Your comic collecting discipline is what drove me to start a Registry Set like this. But, now I feel it the creators(to let this kind of greed happen) and IDW Publishing was the ones who did this to me. I promise to make you proud with my next focus. It's gonna be a doozy!!! :whee:

$40

Awesome price!

Did you give Cheryl (the future #1 registry set holder?) the opportunity to cherry pick the L&K's before listing them here?

Yes we have talked about this for months now... I too have sold a lot of my extras but am holding onto my SS copies, which Jerel knows I prefer. I may buy one or two from you here and there though Jerel - your prices are way too low to pass up!

I'm sorry mostly to you. I mostly knew I was gonna do this, but held on to faith I would keep going with this.I should have shut down earlier to let you rightfully have the #1 set. I want you to know, I didn't hold on for any award, I only held because I thought I would change my mind. You have nothing, but encouraged me throughout this whole run, which I'm extremely thankful for too. :foryou:

$40

Awesome price!

I'm sorry mostly to you. I mostly knew I was gonna do this, but held on to faith I would keep going with this.I should have shut down earlier to let you rightfully have the #1 set. I want you to know, I didn't hold on for any award, I only held because I thought I would change my mind. You have nothing, but encouraged me throughout this whole run, which I'm extremely thankful for too. :foryou:

Don't be sorry Jerel! You know I've talked about getting out of collecting altogether in the next few years so your step out of Locke & Key is nuthin'! lol! Being #1 was never my goal - having the best set of SS is! :) You are just refocusing and can feel proud that you have built the highest graded CGC set ever (I believe). It's an awesome accomplishment. (worship)

$40

Awesome price!

Don't be sorry Jerel! You know I've talked about getting out of collecting altogether in the next few years so your step out of Locke & Key is nuthin'! lol! Being #1 was never my goal - having the best set of SS is! :) You are just refocusing and can feel proud that you have built the highest graded CGC set ever (I believe). It's an awesome accomplishment. (worship)

You are the Bestest!