• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Probably A Board Meltdown Happening In Here- Come In For A Look!

506 posts in this topic

Thanks to the both of you.

Hey Jerel,

If you are looking for something new to start collecting go for a HG set of some crappy New Universe books like Kickers Inc. or something...

lol

Seriously tho GL to whatever else you decide venture to into, I will look forward to seeing what you get into next. :D

I am still waiting for a meltdown lol

Jerel,

Change is good. It takes nothing away from the fact that you accomplished it. I know that in meeting several creators (and trust me folks I have met most if not all on the circuit) there are some that have been so rude that I can never look at their work again without thinking back to that meeting or comment they made.

Whatever you choose to collect, collect it because you enjoy it and for no other reason. If you enjoy putting a registry set together then do that, if it doesn't mean that much, then don't. Everyone here enjoys your comments and humor and bottom line, they are just funny books. People bring you the most joy...

You are just refocusing and can feel proud that you have built the highest graded CGC set ever (I believe). It's an awesome accomplishment. (worship)
With all that has happened to me in the past eight months(read FB), I have just changed as a collector. I feel... I want to give back to the community in someway, hence my new focus. Besides variant excess, I am not this person with a vanity driven Registery Set anymore. I lost so much working on it doing it in the first place, mostly the precious little time I could I spent with loved ones too. I was sick for Christmas last year and my father made a big meal, I felt better the next day and jetted to... Jetpack Comics to look for minty Cape variants. It would have been the last Christmas dinner I would have had with him. Countless times, Salem Cat wanted to play outside, I passed up to either hunt for books or take pictures of graded books. My obsession has been destroying me. I just want bumble around a focus, with a variety of books I enjoy and pay it foward to the community with the extras in hopes to save the the hobby for others and myself. :)

Don't get me wrong, Locke & Key is the greatest Modern out there and I look foward to reading it's conclusion in trades(protecting sales product now lol ), I just need to break it off now and try something new and unexpected, and not screw this one up.

Ghost Key FS :wishluck:
:gossip:It's on eBay. I didn't do too well with keys on here a couple weeks back.

And I'll provide the link, Mr. Dial-up.

Jerel's eBay auctions

It's hot here, so it's going really slow. But, I better put at least something up before someone gets mad. hm

Jerel,

Change is good. It takes nothing away from the fact that you accomplished it. I know that in meeting several creators (and trust me folks I have met most if not all on the circuit) there are some that have been so rude that I can never look at their work again without thinking back to that meeting or comment they made.

Whatever you choose to collect, collect it because you enjoy it and for no other reason. If you enjoy putting a registry set together then do that, if it doesn't mean that much, then don't. Everyone here enjoys your comments and humor and bottom line, they are just funny books. People bring you the most joy...

Thanks Jon. :)

I don't envy what you witnesses might have to go with crowds and creators. I really want to put together a different kind of Registry Set(I really enjoy doing them), one that will re-invent things there. Whether or not, it gets OK'd down the road, I just want to collect books for my focus now. :)

(thumbs u

I think you have exactly the right attitude

:)

Now...

LK4101bLarge.jpg

$50 :sumo:

An extra I have. CGC Serial number 0163538009

(thumbs u

Now...

LK4101bLarge.jpg

YIKES! Somebody grab that before he changes his mind. (I already have one)

Not a series I collect, but just wanted to stop by and say Good Luck Jerel with your new focus on books and life. :foryou:

I wish you the best! You are a great guy to have around here.

(thumbs u

Now...

LK4101bLarge.jpg

It truly has been a great honor to have someone as supportive as you have been as a Registry Set rival. lol

You set the bar pretty high for friendly competion. (worship)

I wish you could have a Registry set on every set I have down the road. :cry:

Now...

LK4101bLarge.jpg

SOLD!

via PM.

To a new member on here.

Let's all welcome them to the family. :applause:

Awesome pick-up for the new member! That's one of my favourite covers to the series.

(thumbs u

Now...

LK4101bLarge.jpg

It truly has been a great honor to have someone as supportive as you have been as a Registry Set rival. lol

You set the bar pretty high for friendly competion. (worship)

I wish you could have a Registry set on every set I have down the road. :cry:

lol

Well.... what will be you collecting? :baiting:

Just missed it :sumo:

Stick to what you know JB :sumo:

What is that? (shrug)

Exactly. :fear:

You better run. No more 19's for you. :makepoint:

nothin but <3

I thought that was obvious :foryou: