• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. TDcomicscards or "How I learned to Start Worrying and Hate CGG"

106 posts in this topic

Sure Dave, I'll trade you the deed for a batch of high grade Ra's Al Ghul appearances! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Kev

Kev, I'm sorry but I can only deal in cash at this time. Would $10mm USD be sufficient?

insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

Dear tdcomixncardz,

I was wondering if you could give me a refund on a

Batman 238 NM? CGG book I bought from you not

too long ago. CGC has found that the book has a

color touch on the front cover.

Please respond this is very serious! Other books

purchased from you by other buyers have also

turned out to have restoration.

Thank You

Scott

tdcomics reply......

Great. Another book from the same @sshole convention dealer ! I bought these from the same guy at a con in Portland last year. Where was the CT? I'll make good on the sale price & shipping. What was it?

Rip, Thanks for bringing this information to light. It's very easy to say that the crud against the seller and CGG is mounting by the minute.

In terms of the conspiracy theories, I don't buy the switchero. Just doesn't make sense and it would seem could be easily proved. Does he really have that many duplicates of the same books? Don't think so.

It seems to me the best logical explanation is the most simple: CGG missed restoration of the books. Why are they blaming the seller, unless they are suggesting tampering? In any event, I think this is a relatively open and shut case of missed restoration and poor decisions to not take responsibility. The fact that the seller is selling books graded after we were told that they were not accepting submissions from him further discredits CGG.

In case you need an update thumbsup2.gif

CGG unrestored book comes back restored from CGC? I'm SHOCKED and APPALED!!! 893frustrated.gif Anyone else have any questions or doubts about the Spidey 68 and MTU 1? Yeah, CGG had "proof" that those books were unrestored when they graded them. Rip you should have told them you didn't have before scans and see if they would have handled it the same way. RS, you're KILLING me. Who cares that they undergrade their books if they are slabbing restored books as unrestored? The sheer inanness of your argument is staggering! makepoint.gif

In terms of the conspiracy theories, I don't buy the switchero. Just doesn't make sense and it would seem could be easily proved. Does he really have that many duplicates of the same books? Don't think so.

It seems to me the best logical explanation is the most simple: CGG missed restoration of the books.

thumbsup2.gif

Have all CGG's problem children come from tdsrestoredcomixandcards??

Sorry Lord Rahl, but I think you pulled Rip's book out of the CGG holder and color touched it before he sent it to CGG because you want to make them look bad. This is the only explanation that makes any sense to me. insane.gif

CGG unrestored book comes back restored from CGC? I'm SHOCKED and APPALED!!! 893frustrated.gif Anyone else have any questions or doubts about the Spidey 68 and MTU 1? Yeah, CGG had "proof" that those books were unrestored when they graded them. Rip you should have told them you didn't have before scans and see if they would have handled it the same way. RS, you're KILLING me. Who cares that they undergrade their books if they are slabbing restored books as unrestored? The sheer inanness of your argument is staggering! makepoint.gif

Dear tdcomixncardz,

Thank You

Scott

tdcomics reply......

Great. Another book from the same @sshole convention dealer ! I bought these from the same guy at a con in Portland last year. Where was the CT? I'll make good on the sale price & shipping. What was it?

It's always somebody else, isn't it.

Dear tdcomixncardz,

Thank You

Scott

tdcomics reply......

It's always somebody else, isn't it.

It's Lord Rahl, I tell you!!!! 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

No, he's too lazy to do that smile.gif

Sorry Lord Rahl, but I think you pulled Rip's book out of the CGG holder and color touched it before he sent it to CGG because you want to make them look bad. This is the only explanation that makes any sense to me. insane.gif

Here is what CGG has to say BTW.......

We would want to examine the book, but we would be willing to cover the cost you paid for the book. We are looking into this seller as possibly switching books and are keeping an eye on any of his auctions that come up. We no longer allow this seller to submit books, and hope that there are no other suspect books out there. We have tracked down many of his books and have confirmed they are the same books without restoration on them. We have also regraded books originally sent in by this seller, to confirm they are the same books, and they were then encapsulated in our new holder. This was done on all books this seller still had in his possession, and he was willing to cooperate with us. We have taken this situation very seriously and are doing what we can to protect our reputation, and our customers purchases.

We have long since increased security on our holder to ensure that the possibility of a switched book cannot happen in the future and will be adding another security feature this month.

We are aware of our restoration detection abilities and have complete confidence in them, but it is possible this is a case of simple missed restoration, and if that is the case we apologize for the inconvience to yourself. As we have never had a serious complaint involving any other customers books we absolutely do not believe there is any need to worry about any other books that are out in the marketplace, and we hope this will not completely sour you toward books graded by us.

Daniel Patterson

XXX-XXX-XXXX

paging bassgman.....paging bassgman gossip.gif

Hey, whaddaya' want me to say? First off, I really don't care that much either way. I use both services and will continue to do so. Any high dollar books that I have will always go to CGC. Second, I mentioned in another thread that I am done defending CGG. This is just because I have bored of it and I have already said all that there is for me to say. I am just not THAT passionate about the whole thing. I do enjoy reading about the controversies though and will keep reading. I'll tell ya' one thing though. My main problem with CGG is the extremely strict grading on Moderns. I now regret sending them many of my Moderns as I believe they would have scored higher at CGC. No, I don't think they purposely downgrade as that would be counterproductive to business. Apparantly their interpretations of the OS grading standards are more strict than that of CGC (assuming they both use something similar to OS standards). Either way, I get better grades on Moderns from CGC and as an Ebay dealer I can make more money with CGC's services than CGG's. And my ONLY problem with CGC is those gosh darn long turnaround times. Hey, they say the best restaurants are the crowded ones. I guess CGC is so crowded that they have slow service. Oh well. 'nuff said from Sid.

Here is what CGG has to say BTW.......

We have taken this situation very seriously and are doing what we can to protect our reputation

No worries. Their reputation is firmly intact.

tdcomics reply......

Lighthouse, are you dumping your junk books on this poor guy? 893naughty-thumb.gifinsane.gif

CGG stated......

You are welcome to post this.

To respond to the suggestion that we are simply trying to switch blame

to a seller rather than blame ourselves, I would like to say we had

originally stated in a past post it is possible we became lack with this sellers

books as we had built up some trust with him. It was easy to know which books

were his when they came through because of the uniqueness of many of the

books, and receiving multiples of the same books. The two restored books that

had trimming made us reconsider this as the trimming was very amatuer and

very unlikely to have been overlooked. Amatuer color touch, especially with

any obvious bleed through seems unlikely also, but we are trying to do the

best thing, although I am not sure what that is. To simply blame ourselves

is not fair if we did not miss the restro, to blame the seller may not be the

fair thing to do, and to blame anyone else is unfair. If we knew the truth

of the situation we would resolve the situation. If this was a grevious error

on our part we assure you this will not occur in the future.

Daniel