• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stunning non-key Bronze age collection.

35 posts in this topic

I've been offered three long boxes of original owner BA books. They were selected by the owner off newstands and stored in magazine bags in groups of ten and boxed since purchase. Sometime around 2000, they were boarded and mylited.

There is an occasional 8.5 or 9.0 but the majority seem 9.4 or better.

Problem is he sold off the X-Men and books like Astonishing Tales 25, Hulk 180-182, and Amazing Adventures #1 and #12 years ago. It's 710 books,all Marvel, mostly 20 and 25 cent cover with a small amount on either side, in mylite and in numerical order, and he's asking $1200. Thats a bit steep, but would you offer $1,000 for it?

All books have the MVS intact, and its a local pickup.

IMHO, if the condition is anywhere near as stated, $1200 is a steal. 710 mainstream books in great shape, well-stored, in-order, no cover prices past $0.25, lots of 20-centers? Sign me up.

I'd do it for the mylites alone!

The reprint books of that era might drags down the average, but if we're really talking about books that nice I think there's plenty of profit at $1000-$1200.

But also a lot of work achieving that profit unless you're just able to flip it en masse.

I look at it this way, I'd buy sharp Marvels from that era range all day for $1 each at a show if I could. Given that a chunk of those are Spideys, Avengers, FFs and various semi-keys (Hulk 178, DD 105, 131(?), etc.), those are much better (usually) than $1 books. You could very well turn a nice profit just on the sharp copies of the semi-keys and high dollar regaulars (Spideys, etc.) from that group, leaving you with a few hundred sharp "regular" issues in 9.2+ that could easily potentially quickly be $2-$8 books, depending.

The keys might be gone, but don't forget the semis. There are tons of $20-$50-$75 (in guide) books in there that wouldn't have necessarily been on the radaar when the keys were raided. Even priced at 50% of OPG there's a lot of dough in there.

I'd like some advice on whether I should buy Starkist or Chicken of the Sea. Either way there are great prices on 4-packs.

I might have to start a thread as the search function isn't any help.

I'd like some advice on whether I should buy Starkist or Chicken of the Sea. Either way there are great prices on 4-packs.

Go out on a boat and catch your own tuna, dorkus.

:gossip: go with the store brand

greggy won't be any help, he only eats toro, because of all that C-Link bread.

greggy won't be any help, he only eats toro, because of all that C-Link bread.

Blue Fin toro, young man.

Seriously, is this a joke? Just make a sales post asking for people to make offers on the books. Yesterday you were on your soapbox about how youve been buying and selling for 40 years and managed just fine without people on here telling you what to do but now you need advice on wether to spend $1000 or $1200 without people even knowing what the books are???

I must be a cynic cus i SERIOUSLY doubt the veracity of this "question" (shrug)

shadroch has asked this sort of question of the board in th past when contemplating a purchase (and maybe a sale or two). It never hurts to see what other people think if nothing else than to confirm that you're not looking at something from the wrong angle.

doesn't sound like what he has is going to get folks in a tizzy, although collectively it's a nice solid pick-up.

I've been offered three long boxes of original owner BA books. They were selected by the owner off newstands and stored in magazine bags in groups of ten and boxed since purchase. Sometime around 2000, they were boarded and mylited.

Problem is he sold off the X-Men and books like Astonishing Tales 25, Hulk 180-182, and Amazing Adventures #1 and #12 years ago. It's 710 books,all Marvel, mostly 20 and 25 cent cover with a small amount on either side, in mylite and in numerical order, and he's asking $1200. Thats a bit steep, but would you offer $1,000 for it?

Seems like a steal. Buy them and flip them to me.

If you pass at $1200, tell him to give me a call.

Buy them for $1200.... I'll be glad to double your money tomorrow and save you the work of selling them. :devil: