• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In what way(s) are you most OCD about your comic collection?

56 posts in this topic

90% of my comics are Marvel and like others I like a box for each title but I have lots of junk that I only have 2 or 3 issues of so these get lumped together which isn't ideal. Alpha Flight then Amazing Adventures.

I found a way out of this hell, no more stray books. Either I have a complete series or a very large run or I don't own a single copy from that series. If I know I don't want the entire series (or will never be able to complete it) then I just sell or even give away all the issues of that particular series. That's why I don't own a single Tec or Action book :sumo:

Now that takes some restraint when buying which I don't have lol

I own about five action comics and they will always be stored randomly next to the few Adventure Comics I have. I could never sell (any comic) either :pullhair:

I only touch my comics under a full moon, dressed solely in ceremonial underwear.

We have similar ceremonial rituals. I, however, only dress in a banana hammock and prance around a fire feeding it burning copies of Alpha Flight #1 as sacrifice, in hopes of increasing its deserved rarity. Only then can I touch my comics.

Annuals have always caused me issues. I don't like them because in a box of say ASM's they need to go at the back of the main run, but this would mean having Annual 1 behind the latest issue. I don't like that but what else can you do?

You can't put it where it was chronologically released (between 16/17 or whatever) as that would break up two runs and that would be :screwy:

Giant Size Marvels cause the same dilemma.

I feel your pain, it is annoying as helll!!

Giant Size Marvels should be sorted TOGETHER like they are listed in Overstreet. Nothing worse than asking a dealer at a con if he has any GS and finding out he has them sorted by title. I usually walk away. :makepoint:

Here’s my ODC, neurosis, mental illness, fetish, whatever you want to call it:

I enjoy comics with minimal-to-no spine wear and great eye appeal. I hate creases and will take a spine roll or even a water stain over a book in "higher grade" with an ugly crease any day of the week. But this is beside the point.

Whenever picking up comics from a show or receiving them by mail, they reside in a designated unprocessed comic book area, off the floor, in my basement. They are like lovely little juicy insects caught in a web, waiting for the moment when I can finally consume each and every one of them. Kind of like Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs. There is a specific set of transformative steps required to integrate these books into my collection. It's a purifying process from start to finish.

:insane:

All incoming comic books must first be entered into a detailed spreadsheet with its own unique identification number and other pertinent information to manage the collection.

Comics are then removed from all non-standard, dirty bags and boards used by the previous infidel. Tape is removed from the bags first. No tape will ever go near that comic again. Each comic is then removed from each bag without touching it, usually by pulling out from the backing board and sliding it onto a Gerber full-back backing board (away greasy fingers!) Size is dependent on size of comic: 778FB for all Golden Age books, 750FB for all Silver Age and Bronze Age (pre-1976), and 700FB for 1976 and after. This is for uniformity.

The comic is carefully examined, usually read (with minimal handling), and a grade will be assigned and entered into my spreadsheet. The comic will go into a MyLite2 sleeve with the opening at the bottom. The Mylar will be sharply folded and placed into 4 mil Archives Mylar. It suddenly becomes a beautiful, fully protected object, which is placed with other beautiful objects into a super durable, double-cardboard magazine box, organized by age (Golden, Silver/Bronze and Bronze-Modern), publisher, title, and issue number. Everything is done to the max.

While I may have a lot of "issues," the OCD may be that I will not vary from this method of managing or storing my comics.

I only touch my comics under a full moon, dressed solely in ceremonial underwear.

We have similar ceremonial rituals. I, however, only dress in a banana hammock and prance around a fire feeding it burning copies of Alpha Flight #1 as sacrifice, in hopes of increasing its deserved rarity. Only then can I touch my comics.

You have some "issues" to deal with :baiting:

Comics are then removed from all non-standard, dirty bags and boards used by the previous infidel.

:signfunny: I am exactly the same way. The bag & board may look clean but I know it isn't.

:whee:

hate it when someone wipes a booger on one of my books. even if they are "readers," as bedrock claims, they still deserve better than that.

Why would someone you know do that? (shrug) That's disgusting. I hate when I find nose particles on library books.

I'm O.C.D about putting my comics in specific bags and boards. Mylar2s 725 standard and 700 fullbacks. Also, sorting them by title.

hate it when someone wipes a booger on one of my books. even if they are "readers," as bedrock claims, they still deserve better than that.

Just do what I do, Don't let anybody touch them......Nobody in my family is allowed to touch my books including wife and child....

:whee:

lol

Here’s my ODC, neurosis, mental illness, fetish, whatever you want to call it:

I enjoy comics with minimal-to-no spine wear and great eye appeal. I hate creases and will take a spine roll or even a water stain over a book in "higher grade" with an ugly crease any day of the week. But this is beside the point.

Whenever picking up comics from a show or receiving them by mail, they reside in a designated unprocessed comic book area, off the floor, in my basement. They are like lovely little juicy insects caught in a web, waiting for the moment when I can finally consume each and every one of them. Kind of like Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs. There is a specific set of transformative steps required to integrate these books into my collection. It's a purifying process from start to finish.

:insane:

All incoming comic books must first be entered into a detailed spreadsheet with its own unique identification number and other pertinent information to manage the collection.

Comics are then removed from all non-standard, dirty bags and boards used by the previous infidel. Tape is removed from the bags first. No tape will ever go near that comic again. Each comic is then removed from each bag without touching it, usually by pulling out from the backing board and sliding it onto a Gerber full-back backing board (away greasy fingers!) Size is dependent on size of comic: 778FB for all Golden Age books, 750FB for all Silver Age and Bronze Age (pre-1976), and 700FB for 1976 and after. This is for uniformity.

The comic is carefully examined, usually read (with minimal handling), and a grade will be assigned and entered into my spreadsheet. The comic will go into a MyLite2 sleeve with the opening at the bottom. The Mylar will be sharply folded and placed into 4 mil Archives Mylar. It suddenly becomes a beautiful, fully protected object, which is placed with other beautiful objects into a super durable, double-cardboard magazine box, organized by age (Golden, Silver/Bronze and Bronze-Modern), publisher, title, and issue number. Everything is done to the max.

While I may have a lot of "issues," the OCD may be that I will not vary from this method of managing or storing my comics.

I like how you roll. (thumbs u