• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In what way(s) are you most OCD about your comic collection?

56 posts in this topic

Me?

Oh, I have a few issues & I don't mean ASM #1 ( Oh, but I can wish! lol ).

- I absolutely LOVE shopping for back issues online. And I really love that feeling of knowing that I've got something nice on it's way to me. Which lasts for the first couple of days or so...

But then, like all the even best of drugs, the euphoria of placing the order wears off & I begin to get "antsy" about when the package(s) is going to arrive. Because by then I can't wait to...

- Bag & board & log it into my collection. Then place it into it's proper place in among my short boxes. Things that HAVE to be done as soon as I open my package(s) or bring my comics home from the shop.

Reading them?

That can come later at my convenience.

-There are other things as well, but I'll just go with these things for the moment.

- Bag & board & log it into my collection. Then place it into it's proper place in among my short boxes. Things that HAVE to be done as soon as I open my package(s) or bring my comics home from the shop.

Reading them?

That can come later at my convenience.

That. Big time!

Complete runs

And then when reading an old comic for the first time and I see an in house ad for another comic that looks cool I decide I want to start collecting that too.

Those two, as well.

Another thing for me is uniformity on the subject of mylars/bags and boards. All books that reside in the same box, must definitely have the same type of mylites and half-backs, otherwise I might go crazy. :insane:

I have serious OCD about every raw comic I own being in the same type of mylar 2s and fullbacks.

Every single raw comic I have has to be in the same set up. Why? I have no idea but I like consistency.

I also have those Hot Flips Mylar CGC bags on every slab I own.

I have a bit of OCD.... lol

- I absolutely LOVE shopping for back issues online. And I really love that feeling of knowing that I've got something nice on it's way to me. Which lasts for the first couple of days or so...

But then, like all the even best of drugs, the euphoria of placing the order wears off & I begin to get "antsy" about when the package(s) is going to arrive. Because by then I can't wait to...

This one for sure!

sufunk needs to get in here and confess his need to re-arrange his #1s every time he gets a new one. :ohnoez:

lol

Or his white page fetish!

HEY!!! I slum it with ow/w pages every once in a while! :grin:

But yeah, like Sean said, i definitely have some OCD with my Bronze Age Marvel 1st issues run. I have them set up in this sweet rack that held maps i bought at Borders going out of business sale. They are arranged in order of when they are published and every time i get a new issue, i have to reorganize the entire run to make sure they are in chronological order for some reason :screwy:

I love these threads. The other voice in my head tells me "I'm in a safe place."

1) Every book I own Pre 79 has to be a 9.4 or better (Besides my coveted yet looming Dell Movie Classic "The Naked Prey." Which is a Bethlehem Ped but only a 9.2, which at this point is the highest graded. [Factoid: I will pay $500 for a 9.4 ow/w or better copy btw]

2) Every book I own Post 80 has to be a 9.6 or better

(ready for this one.... I get a little tick when I read my spread sheets upon seeing 9.6s Pre 1979 for some reason. 9.8s don't bother me for the post 80 books. lol!! That quirk actually helps keep my spending in check though.

3) every single slab I own is at least ow/w

4) Same mylite mm must used on every book in a run or character. 4mm for all books over a G-Ball.

5) I won't have books of different runs or characters (unless tie ins or crossovers) in the same box

6) Every bag n board has to glued In the same spots and color coded with those archive museum glue/putty dots on runs and characters. Again, crossovers or tie ins throw me for a loop. (fingerprints on tape btw annoy the shiat outta me)

7) Nexium and Post Its are two of my favorite creations!!

I have a couple other funny book quirks I'm sure, of but in my eyes they must seem normal so I can't think of them.