• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newb to signature series question

14 posts in this topic

I was wondering how you go about getting a sketch on a book. I recently picked up a blank Ultimate Spider-Man 160. It is the only blank cover I have ever bought and was wondering how you go about negotiating or arranging for a sketch on a book for a signature series book.

Also, how do you get a remark on a book?

Thanks.

Post a thread like this or check out the opportunities that are advertised in this forum. I'm sure one of the SS guys will be along shortly to help you out. (thumbs u

Are you talking about getting one at a con?

Usually you go to the artist and arrange the sketch if they still have open commission spots.

Then the artist usually will give you a time/ day when it will be completed at the con.

When you know it's done you have an employee of CAW help you pick up the book from the artist. Fill paperwork out at cgc booth and you are done.

Most artists will do a quick sketch or remark on a cover...you just gotta ask them. But with any SS you need an authorized witness to see it getting signed or remarked.

I am still a newbie so I hope I didn't miss anything hm

Are you talking about getting one at a con?

Usually you go to the artist and arrange the sketch if they still have open commission spots.

Then the artist usually will give you a time/ day when it will be completed at the con.

When you know it's done you have an employee of CAW help you pick up the book from the artist. Fill paperwork out at cgc booth and you are done.

Most artists will do a quick sketch or remark on a cover...you just gotta ask them. But with any SS you need an authorized witness to see it getting signed or remarked.

I am still a newbie so I hope I didn't miss anything hm

That sums it up. The big thing used to be that the CAW had to see the creator sign the sketch, so you might have the artist hold off on signing it until you've got your CAW (witness) with you. Some of the big guns here may correct me on this, I don't know if it's still the case.

Actually the artist MUST agree to it being CGC'd otherwise its an abuse of the facilitator or CAW privilege. For example you can't have a CAW sneak over and stand nearby, I think generally the CAW tells the artist upfront the book will be graded by CGC.

Jake

hmmm..I havent done that..I guess im not doing it correctly. Usually ill get the sketch done, and once its done, I ask if they can hold it because I want it to get cgc, and theyre like ok. Get one of them, and come back and pick it up. If this isnt kosher, I need to change it up

CGC generally knows if creators have issues with them.

There is no rule that you FORMALLY have to tell the artist every time you are getting a book cgc'd.

Bottom Line- Set up the sketch, get a CAW from the CGC booth, have him see you pick it up, (If it is a creator who has issues, then CGC will be like sorry nope), then just get it added to your invoice at the booth.

Good Luck!