• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm SO fed up with Heritage...

20 posts in this topic

Over the course of the last year, I've bought a half-dozen times from Heritage, through their Signature Auctions, Online Only Auctions, their online Inventory, and even eBay. And while I haven't spent a lot with them (maybe $5K), I feel I deserve a little better then their habitually pathetic and feeble attempts at customer service. To date, I've received one item (of 6) within 10 days of arranging payment. All the rest have been delayed by:

- Their utterly worthless online Invoicing system. The thing doesn't work, period. There have been two occasions were I've arranged a credit card payment, only to get an email reminder 7-10 days down the road that I still haven't made payment. Of course, at that point, its still another 1-2 week wait for the item. Needless to say I don't use it anymore, but it still makes me wonder where my credit card info is going if it isn't being processed.

- An apparently inept shipping department. Even when I know that Heritage has my money (in the form of a cashier's check), it still takes the shipping department a week or more to actually get to processing my order. This also has happened more then once. Personally, I'm pre-disposed to thinking it has more to do with their system of invoicing and inter-department communication then it does with some guy in shipping whacking off in the corner when he should be prepping books.

- I've even had an order cancelled on me when a book I bought (and paid for) from their online inventory was not available two days after the fact. I received a very curt, and hardly heartfelt, "sorry" for that foul-up.

And then today, I get this email:

I am sorry about the inconvenience, but I have been informed that we have been experiencing invoicing problems which will cause a delay in the shipment of your order. The problem is being solved and your order should be shipping out to you within the next couple of days. Thanks for your business and once again sorry for the inconvenience. Michele

I arranged a Paypal payment a week ago. And now its going to be a couple of more days before they can get around to shipping my book. I've been averaging a three week wait with every Heritage order (save one). Anyone else fed up with Heritage?

I've only ever had one problem with Heritage. They managed to lose a book for a while, and it took probably 2 weeks before they found it. Needless to say, they gave me a gift certificate for 50 dollars off a future purchase and sent the book.

Brian

With the exception of my ending total for a book mysteriously jump after end of the auction (it was an Internet only auction), I've had good experiences from a billing and delivery perspective.

In fact, I remember them shipping my HOM 174 CGC 9.2 BEFORE I even paid...wonder if that was an accident? confused-smiley-013.gif

With shipping I had one swapped shipment and one really late batch out of maybe 20 auctions I've bought from them. Most of the time I get my books Friday or Saturday following the auction.

I had one problem with their online payment system, where they didn't charge my card for something like two weeks and then sent me a late payment notice. I was really annoyed because I'm never late with anything. After that I've learned to watch the signs for trouble with that decidedly crappy payment system.

The best way to pay is without a doubt with a credit card over the phone.

The last couple of times I've won they have sent the books before I sent payment. The last time I didn't even know I won until I got the books in the mail.

Oh, and I've only spent a fraction of what you have with them. tongue.gif

The last couple of times I've won they have sent the books before I sent payment. The last time I didn't even know I won until I got the books in the mail.

Oh, and I've only spent a fraction of what you have with them. tongue.gif

Glad to know I wasn't the only one...aren't we 'Special' or what? grin.gif

I've never had a problem. I've won stuff from them about a dozen times on the internet only auctions and a couple of times in the signature auctions (internet bids). I have always received an email notice the next day and received the items within a week. I pay for the auctions by phoning in my credit card number. One time when I was out of town, I received the item before I paid for it.

I'm not a big spender with them and have received great service whether I won a $20 or $500 item.

I've also won items at less than my maximum, so I trust the integrety of Heritage's internet bidding system.

Also, the grading on the items I've received has been much better than most of the dealers I have dealt with.

I too, have won many books at below my maximum.

I just got my books today from the latest Signature Auction. Payment was delayed by my credit card company so I can't blame Heritage at all. They actually sent it one day Fed Ex (and the total bill was more than $5K), so they were putting a lot of faith in Fed Ex.

Every once in a while I have small issues with them, but I will keep buying as long as they have quality books.

That's been the case with me as well. Last time I received a book 5 days after the auction ended and I had not paid for it yet. Obviously things are screwy in Heritageland and some transactions are worse then others.

I usually get my items before they have received my payment shocked.gif

Sent my check off to them yesterday in the mail (of course I am in Dallas, so maybe they already did get the check, but it sure couldn't have cleared yet)

Here's what just popped into my email..

--- "Houser, Craig - 274" wrote:

Greetings from Heritage Galleries & Auctioneers

We thought you would like to know that we shipped your order

14042/1144..... on,4/20/2004,

via USPS PRIORITY to the following address...

JOHN BONNER

xxxxx xxxxx

xxxx xxxxx

xxxxxxx

Your tracking number is 0303343xxxxxxxxxx

We appreciate your business! If you have any questions

or comments concerning your order , please let us know.

1-800-872-6467

For faster service, you can track your package directly with the

carrier

at:

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

HMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So they sent the item off to me before I even sent payment...

Wonder if that would happen if the book I won was 3000$ instead of 35$