• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Iron Man #2

16 posts in this topic

What appears to be otherwise perfect with really white pages including the cover. It's the rare 2 cent variant. lol

Besides the common miswrap on this there is the what appears to be a scratch across the Iron. Could it be production?

Need help on this grade...thanks

img096.jpg

img098.jpg

I'm with a 8.0/8.5 Mark. I had book slabbed that has a scrape about the same size and was like yours a nice 9.0 + book. It came back a 8.5. :wishluck:

Mark does the scape breakthrough the cover?

7.5-8.0 is it just me, or does the top edge look a little too perfect?

I'm at 7.5 for the grade, because the scrape is long enough and towards the center, not around the edge.

Looks like maybe the top edge of the image is just cropped a little, and then imposed on the black background? Can't say for sure, just a thought.

7.5-8.0 is it just me, or does the top edge look a little too perfect?

Hmm, that book looks familiar :shy:

I sold that book to Mark and it came from a collection of early Iron Man's that had a LOT of 9.6 and 9.8's. I've had i think 16 slabbed so far and none have come back restored or trimmed so i doubt that this one will.

As far as that scratch/crease, whatever the heck it is i have no clue. mark and I talked about it for awhile and i sure as hell dont know what it is. It definitely isnt a crease and in hand doesnt look like or feel like a scratch or a crease. I'm pretty sure its production related, it just seems like no ink hit that spot???, but who knows.

I'd be shocked if that came back a 7.5! I just subbed a Human torch 19 that had a decent sized tear with the paper all scrunched up in almost the same place as this "scratch/crease" thingy and it got a 7.5. Even taking into account the GA bump, that book wasnt even close to as nice as this one.

8.0 minimum and probably 8.5 :gossip: