• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst Comic Book Movies Ever

191 posts in this topic

D ick Tracy was pretty bad..Madonna trying to act :sick:

D ick Tracy was pretty bad..Madonna trying to act :sick:

i liked it. and she was pretty good in evita.

I also enjoyed it, and thought Al Pacino was great.

For Madonna she was alright in that role.

It still has to be Man-Thing or Spirit!

Go and watch Man-Thing, then you'll all think Superman 3, Ghost Rider, Green Lantern, and all the other suggestions are okay in comparisson, lol.

I got to disagree with you on the first two Keaton Batman movies. Stylistically, they were pretty good. I prefer Tim Burton's Gotham City to the Nolan version. And the first Batman makes more sense to me than the Dark Knight did.

The films can't be compared, Batman (1989) is more a fantasy film with no place in time. People walking around wearing trilby hats and 40s suits with 80s technology. Nolans Batman exists (I like to think) in "our" time, real time if you will.

Both films are great in what they represent, the 89 Batman is what got me into collecting Batman and what made me interested in the character. For me Nolan excelled in delivery an all around Batman film.

89 Batman failed to deliver an interesting Bruce Wayne character, Jack Nicholsons performance as the Joker was fantastic but there was too much emphasis on his character. The film was called "Batman" not "Joker". Batman Returns suffered the same, Burton seemed to be more interested in the supporting characters instead of "Batman". Nolan gets this right, makes Bruce Wayne/Batman the focus of the film, maybe not so much in DK.

The film lacked pace in alot of places. I could cut out about 30 minutes of footage from the movie to make it more interesting, most of which would be the scenes with Vicki Vale, these didn't interest me when I was 9, doesn't interest me now I'm 30.

Batman (1989) will always be a great movie with alot of magic, but Nolan beats it everytime IMO.

I could chop about 40 minutes from TDK and it would be better, too. (i.e the whole two face thing)

Flash Gordon is a great film.

It is an '80's classic.

It is the rare example of camp done right.

At one point I had watched that movie so many times I could recite almost all of the dialogue from memory. The Queen soundtrack was awesome too!