• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's my incentive,....

13 posts in this topic

...to buy digital comics at $1.99 a pop if I can get real books for less by advance mail order at around $1.85 each,....I'm not getting this trend,... (shrug)

I'm not getting this trend,... (shrug)

Price is a method of promising the wife they'll wear a condom with their new mistress, since the wife knows they've sent out birth announcements.

During this early stage they want to appease the status quo while dry-humping the inevitable.

digital comics will not work unless they are no more than $0.99 and maybe not even then. Human beings have a need to collect. No one is going to pay substantial money for something that will never appreciate in value and that may be obsolete as new technologies render earlier file formats invalid.

The only way all digital comics will ever become a reality is if we run out of paper. The biggest threat to comics is younger people not reading any more, and the fact that you have to often have to pay $200 to get one complete story line.

digital comics will not work unless they are no more than $0.99 and maybe not even then. Human beings have a need to collect. No one is going to pay substantial money for something that will never appreciate in value and that may be obsolete as new technologies render earlier file formats invalid.

The only way all digital comics will ever become a reality is if we run out of paper. The biggest threat to comics is younger people not reading any more, and the fact that you have to often have to pay $200 to get one complete story line.

The hobby has boxed itself into a corner with that "need to collect" aspect. All the focus on condition-minutiae means the very act of going to a store and buying new product depreciates its value. Even if you didn't touch it, which you did, you'll probably still leave some skin cell impact craters or dandruff dents that hurt its value.

The biggest threat to comics is not going digital. Once e-readers and tablets become as common as table salt, comic books will again be readily available among their family of products: books and magazines. Or they won't.