• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A $52,000 Copy Of Ironman #32 Taken In Robbery??

32 posts in this topic

Obviously ToS 39. The person who spoke to the reporter about the comic was probably not the collector, just someone who lived there who knew there was a $50K Iron Man comic that was significant because it was number thirty-something. Or they work at Metropolis.

This incident is not a robbery, this would be a burglary. A robbery is face to face.
If a person was home at the time it was a robbery.

Meanwhile how come no one is blaming the reporter?

"$50,000 worth of comics? Geez that's a lotta Spiderman."

"Iron Man, you say? Really...? Uh huh."

"Oh, I see. Tales of what again? Uh huh."

"9.2? What do you mean? That's a funny issue number. No no. I get it."

"Well thank you for the story. I'll be sure to report this."

And later when the deadline approaches and the scotch kicks in, the notes kind of blur together and "the origin of Iron Man in Tales of Suspense #39 in CGC 9.2" becomes "Iron Man #32."

My first thought is that it is a scam. Most home insurance policies, from what I understand from being a member here, does not cover collectables.
Yeah - there is usually a low cap on collectibles - like 2-10K max.

According to the story, it was the deputy who identified the comic. I'm guessing there was a mixup with the title of the book, as oppossed to an attempt at insurance fraud.

I really do hope that is the case.

I'm guessing the deputy knows comic values just like he knows the law :banana: