• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A $52,000 Copy Of Ironman #32 Taken In Robbery??

32 posts in this topic

Evidently, someone in North Carolina had their house robbed and comics taken. According to the report, "a portable safe containing comic books was taken from the home. One of the comic books taken was Ironman #32 edition, the owners said was valued at $52,000."

I have to ask: $52,000 for an Ironman #32? Really?? Here's some links:

Fox 8

Digtriad

The victims were identified as 19 y/o Timothy Shrewsberry, 23 y/o Amber Shrewsberry, and 21 y/o Terry Shrewsberry. Investigators said the mother of the victims was asleep in another portion of the house.

Its because we have a 19 year old who does not know anything about comics.

Maybe if he tells the news that he had a 52K comic book stolen it would give him a kind paper trail so the insurance company won't deny his claim?

hm Police report,check! news,check! Now give me my money! :acclaim:

Evidently, someone in North Carolina had their house robbed and comics taken. According to the report, "a portable safe containing comic books was taken from the home. One of the comic books taken was Ironman #32 edition, the owners said was valued at $52,000."

I have to ask: $52,000 for an Ironman #32? Really?? Here's some links:

Fox 8

Digtriad

:eyeroll: He probably also filed a claim for the Picasso that was in his basement.

No copy of IM 32 would be worth $52,000.....

I believe in the excitement/terror of the moment it was not mentioned that $51,830.00 in cash was hidden in the pages of the book. (shrug)

Maybe the owner is Blackstarcomics! :makepoint:

:eyeroll: He probably also filed a claim for the Picasso that was in his basement.

I had a house broken into around 25 years ago. I told the police they took the last existing copy of a genuine map to the " LOST DUTCHMAN'S MINE", valued at $15,000.00. They didn't buy it. :(

DR.X

Maybe the guy was confused and meant to say he was robbed of a Tales of Suspense 39 CGC 9.2. It's about the only thing that is close. It's terrible when a scam goes awry because you don't do your homework.

Maybe the guy was confused and meant to say he was robbed of a Tales of Suspense 39 CGC 9.2. It's about the only thing that is close.

It ain't even close. If you've spent the sort of cash it takes to obtain such a book, you'll damn well remember which book it is, regardless of whether you're still in your teens or not. :tonofbricks:

It's terrible when a scam goes awry because you don't do your homework.

When I was 16, I worked in a clothing store. One night, a woman came in. I said, "Hi, can I help you?" She meant to say, "No thanks, just browsing," but she actually said "No thanks, just shoplifting." She took a few steps towards a rack of clothes, stopped, realized what she said, then turned tail and ran out of the store.

It's terrible when a scam goes awry because you don't do your homework.

When I was 16, I worked in a clothing store. One night, a woman came in. I said, "Hi, can I help you?" She meant to say, "No thanks, just browsing," but she actually said "No thanks, just shoplifting." She took a few steps towards a rack of clothes, stopped, realized what she said, then turned tail and ran out of the store.

Nice slip of the tongue. :roflmao:

I hope that IM 32 is worth $52,000....I have a nice NM copy that I'm willing to sell on the boards for 50% off. $26,000 goes to the first person who says I'll take it.