• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I won't buy from Jamie Graham...and why I love these boards!

519 posts in this topic

For the time being I would prefer to not divulge these dealers...

Well, I quit reading.

Why? I tend to write with clear thoughts and i'm sure it will come out eventually. With this forum I've learned if you come out with guns blazing you are sure to start a gun fight.

I was being sarcastic.

I know exactly who you are talking about and he's not that bad of a guy... Sometimes gruff. First of all, his store staff probably had no idea he wasn't coming back to the show. Secondly, he has had that phone message forever. Thirdly, it wasn't his fault you purchased the wrong issue. I'm not saying that you are at fault, but he didn't know you would be returning to the show.

Lastly, I'm sure something could have been worked out as far as store credit or an exchange. He's facilitated returns/refunds in the past.

Not even having read any other replies, I knew who this was immediately. There's only 1 dealer I know of who has an affinity for not setting up on the last day of a show.

So, who's the dealer?

Enough people guessed without me even mentioning a name. So clearly this person's reputation is well known.

It's Jamie Graham of Graham Cracker Comics.

I'll even change the name of my thread so people can search for it from now on.

I just wanted to be civil about it without naming names as I don't want to hurt another person's business but since all have asked....that's who it is.

So what's the second incident?

Personally, I think you may have overreacted a bit on the first incident. I would be pissed too if I took a drive out after agreeing to meet only to be stood up but if it were a 30 mile drive on a Sunday I might be a little more forgiving. As far as the phone message goes, it seems to have really offended you. I guess things like that don't bother me considering it is a personal line.

The post reads like an open book if you've ever had dealings with him.

I know who it is and suffice to say I've never had a problem with him but understand why some people do. He's actually quite personable when you get to know him (as many people are) but has that grumpiness facade that turns a lot of people off initially. lol

Sorry to hear you had a bad dealing with him.

:foryou:

Why does it seem a few comic sellers have that attitude?

It`s a terrible social and business skill and will eventually catch up with them.

To the sellers who have this attitude learn how to smile when someone is going to buy your old beat up and overpriced funnybooks. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

So, who's the dealer?

Enough people guessed without me even mentioning a name. So clearly this person's reputation is well known.

I just wanted to be civil about it without naming names as I don't want to hurt another person's business but since all have asked....that's who it is.

From what I have heard, Jamie has a great reputation as a seller.

I think dealers get away with it because of the genre they do business in. They aren't selling fan belts to housewives. The collectibles market is always full of shady characters/eccentrics/jerks. They get away with it because they have the collectibles people want. Sometimes they would be the only source of such collectibles in their state.

So, who's the dealer?

Honestly never heard of him till this thread. hm

So, who's the dealer?

From what I've heard, Jamie has a great reputation with his friends.

As a seller there are just way too many stories out there, but obviously, he doesn't care.

So, who's the dealer?

I have had dozens of transactions with Jamie and have never, ever had an issue. I am sure he would have taken care of the issue had you made contact with him again.

So what's the second incident?

Personally, I think you may have overreacted a bit on the first incident. I would be pissed too if I took a drive out after agreeing to meet only to be stood up but if it were a 30 mile drive on a Sunday I might be a little more forgiving. As far as the phone message goes, it seems to have really offended you. I guess things like that don't bother me considering it is a personal line.

You've clearly never driven from Ft Lauderdale into Miami!!! lol

There is NOTHING pleasurable about that drive in the slightest!

So, who's the dealer?

(shrug)

Confused because by starting this thread by default you will hurt a person's business just by stating the facts whether you mean to or not.

Just saying you new what this thread would do before you started it.

Not saying you are wrong for starting it, but you must have known it would have some damage.

I think dealers get away with it because of the genre they do business in. They aren't selling fan belts to housewives. The collectibles market is always full of shady characters/eccentrics/jerks. They get away with it because they have the collectibles people want. Sometimes they would be the only source of such collectibles in their state.

I could see 20 years ago, but with Ebay and the internet that so called rare funnybook is always a click away. Most of these comics are not really rare and if you look hard enough someone else will have it and usually at a cheaper price. 2c

So, who's the dealer?

He jumped into one of my recent threads with some snotty comments. Apparently, he's a *spoon*hole on the forum, at conventions and on voice mail. He'll never see a penny of business from me either.

As far as the phone message goes, it seems to have really offended you. I guess things like that don't bother me considering it is a personal line.

I agree. It's not like he answers his store line: Graham Cracker Comics, puck off.

So, who's the dealer?

He jumped into one of my recent threads with some snotty comments. Apparently, he's a *spoon*hole on the forum, at conventions and on voice mail. He'll never see a penny of business from me either.

Since your one of my favorite board members Domo Arigato I will take your word for it and avoid.

So, who's the dealer?

Since your one of my favorite board members Domo Arigato I will take your word for it and avoid.

Oh my. lol

So, who's the dealer?

Oh my. lol

Now...now...NanaBeth...you're still my number one gal. :luhv: