• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How important is it to you?

40 posts in this topic

Peter Palmer once threatened to squash my nuts if i got a Green Goblin sketch.

That's funny, he threatened to do the same to me if I didn't HELP HIM get a Green Goblin sketch.

Most of you guys may not realize this, but I have been a "theme commission" collector for over a decade now. Not on blank comics, but full size (11x17 or greater) commissioned pieces of artwork.

If you have a theme that is specific and unique enough I can see not wanting everyone to do the same thing. That being said, a character (unless it's your own creation..like a "steam punk dark phoenix" or some such) is usually not unique enough to call dibs.

Also traditional scenes of characters, Hulk throwing a tank, Spider-man web swinging, Fingh spanking the monkey are so commonplace and well known I can't imagine anyone would think they have any claim over them.

That's my opinion anyway. I've been doing it for so long now I don't think anyone would try to do a trophy wall just out of the blue.

I also have a theme, 'Artists Choice'. Always works out great for me.

But this thread is not about themes... perhaps we need a 'theme thread' that would be very interesting to see.

I also have a theme, 'Artists Choice'. Always works out great for me.

It has worked very well for me as well. Of the very few bad sketches I have, each one is a situation where I had decided what character I wanted and then "made" the artist do that character without any input. Sometimes it works great, but I always talk with them about it now, and I am not bashful about going and getting reference material anymore, either.

I claim all WD sketch ideas and OA... Steve and JJ you guys can just mail me the WD covers you own oh and Doug you can just mail me the Tony Moore sketch you have :sumo:

Can't we all just get along :foryou:

I usually cringe when I see a DC character on a Marvel blank. My ocd kicks in, and I wouldn't do it. Yes, it would prevent me from buying it too.

The "Secret Invasion" cover is one exception. Kind of. As it could kind of imply a DC charater invading Marvel.

If I really had to have say a Batman sketch on an Avengers or X-Men blank. I'd get a Batman vs. _________ charater that does connect to the cover. 2c

I don't see anything wrong with getting a sketch with a similar theme to an existing sketch.

Each sketch cover is hand drawn and unique. It's got to be a pretty specific and unique theme to call shenanigans. 2c

I have a "Fastball Special" sketch in my sig line. I'm sure it's not the only Fastball Special sketch out there.

Let's get back to the Par2ch vs NYcomics squabble or did my truth statement end it?

Get over yourself :eyeroll:

right after you.

It's fairly important, but at the same time if I know that the artist would prefer to work on a Marvels Project instead of an Image United and it will effect the quality of my Fairchild piece, then he is going to get a Marvels Project to work on.

DSC5465-X2.jpg