• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aurora Comic Scenes

23 posts in this topic

Does anyone here collect these 70s model kits & comics?

At quick glance, I don't see the comics listed in the OPG. Anybody know what the FMV is for these books (with or without the kit)?

Hmmm...I'm thinking maybe Hepcat has these...

Does anyone here collect these 70s model kits & comics?

At quick glance, I don't see the comics listed in the OPG. Anybody know what the FMV is for these books (with or without the kit)?

Hmmm...I'm thinking maybe Hepcat has these...

There was a massive warehouse find of these books. Hnudreds of each were auctioned off in 04-05, IIRC. I got 6 (5 9.8s and a 9.6) for less than $200. I dabbled with tracking all of them down, but never did. I don't know if prices have ever bounced back or not. There are lots of pristine slabbed copies of them out there.

Thanks, seanfingh!

I take it you got the books seperate from the model kits?

Yes. It is my understanding that cases of uncirculated copies of the comics only were in the warehouse.

They are in the price guide--in the promotional section of course. Guide prices range from $3 to $50 depending on grade and title.

I'm a fan of these and eventually will probably pick them all up. I was really big on the Batman one and the Lone Ranger one as a kid.

I bought two complete raw sets off a NY area dealer off eBay over 5 years ago for around $50 a set.

They aren't hard to find due to this find.

Toys R Us actually had multi-packs of comics about five years ago that contained these Aurora Comic Scenes in with a mixture of late bronze and copper age comics. I assume they were all from the warehouse find because the were all dead mint. I bought one of the multi-packs just to have one, it contained the Hulk edition of the Aurora Comic Scenes.

If you think you have a complete set, you could be wrong.

There are two versions of the Superboy issue; One has

'186-140' on the front cover, the other does not.

(So far, this is the only one with two versions that

I know about.)

Nice items - haven't seen them before. (thumbs u

Were the Aurora kits those advertised in the comics? I seem to remember the Spidey/Goblin scene. (shrug)

I don't think they were sold over here, didn't see them in toys shops as a kid.

Anything from 183 and up is easy to find in uber high grade. The first couple, though, are very hard to find. I assume they weren't in the warehouse lot.

You can still buy CGC 9.9s and 10s of a lot of the issues. Metro and MyComicShip have them.

Nice items - haven't seen them before. (thumbs u

Were the Aurora kits those advertised in the comics? I seem to remember the Spidey/Goblin scene. (shrug)

I don't think they were sold over here, didn't see them in toys shops as a kid.

It was Spider-man and Kraven, not the Goblin.

Aurora often had back cover ads on DC books for many of their kits, not just the superheroes; I don't recall similar ads in Marvel books; they were advertised on the interior but as part of ads listing a variety of merchandise from companies like Heroes World in NJ. And like the Aurora monster kits, they were first released in the 60s and re-issued in the 70s.