• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official 2011 Overstreet discussion thread

144 posts in this topic

The guide is just that...a guide. Not all values will be in line with real market pricing. I wish the OSPG was a bit more in touch of actual values on some books but it is still the go to reference for pricing raw comics (combined with a little GPA in there as well).

I plan on buying a copy this week. It's fun to look through, read the market reports (although minus GAtors this year) and look at the ads/pics.

I always enjoy the OSPG but that's just me.

I am not sure what is worse the OSPG or the oil speculators.

The same books geso up 5% a year.

You know the same books that the OSPG values at 9.2 goes for barely CGC 9.6 values.

Rinse ans repeat. zzz

Don't lie. You love the OSPG so you can fleece all those poor store owners out of their books telling them you can only pay 50% of Guide.

I've uncovered your tactics Seeberger.

Mine is sitting on my porch, waiting for me to arrive. Oh happy day.

Are you going to let us know that the market is terrible and all mid-grade BA and SA only sells for about 5% of guide?

Party pooper.

Are you going to let us know that the market is terrible and all mid-grade BA and SA only sells for about 5% of guide?

Party pooper.

No.

The market is pretty good, all things considered. Mid-grade SA sells for about 40% of Guide, mid-grade BA sells for three bucks. (thumbs u

Party pooper.

I haven`t gotten the new Overstreet yet,but I just know some dealer`s market report will say Westerns are dead or slow. ;)

Party pooper.

No.

The market is pretty good, all things considered. Mid-grade SA sells for about 40% of Guide, mid-grade BA sells for three bucks. (thumbs u

Tell that to my local shop who priced up a VG Avengers 100 and Fine Avengers Annual 7 for me at $20 each. and he knows what a cheap I am, only pay that kind of money for pre-'64 stuff or an ASM 129. Anyway, I declined. But I suspect they'll be sold within 2-3 weeks at those prices.

Same place I got a 5.0 Batman 227 for $7. Where's the pricing logic?

Go figure.

When I ask about something that hasn't been priced yet it always winds up being wayyyy more than something he prices on his own.

First time since 1982 I didn't order one. Maybe I'll try to pick one up as cheaply as possible in a few months.

This one is going to be a collectors item.

:baiting:

... and let's not forget about the Thor cover !!! :whistle:

Come to think of it, this will be the second time in five years that the god of thunder is featured on the cover of the OSPG.

I hope it will contain an article on Thor like it did in the 2006 edition (which I have of course), only updated.

Some prices (all 9.2):

Action 1 $1,400,000

All American 16 $400,000

Amazing Fantasy 15 $125,000

Amazing Spider-Man 1 $54,000

Avengers 4 $5,200

Detective 27 $1,200,000

Fantastic Four 1 $80,000

Gobbledygook 1 $5,000

Green Lantern 76 %2,500

Pep 22 $70,000

Superman 1 $560,000

Some prices (all 9.2):

Action 1 $1,400,000

All American 16 $400,000

Avengers 4 $5,200

Detective 27 $1,200,000

Fantastic Four 1 $80,000

Gobbledygook 1 $5,000

Green Lantern 76 %2,500

Pep 22 $70,000

Superman 1 $560,000

Dan, I am new to this and this is my 1st year as an advisor, and with a marketplace report. Is there any certain time-frame in which they send copies to advisors?

Thanks!

Jeff

Party pooper.

No.

Tell that to my local shop who priced up a VG Avengers 100 and Fine Avengers Annual 7 for me at $20 each. and he knows what a cheap I am, only pay that kind of money for pre-'64 stuff or an ASM 129. Anyway, I declined. But I suspect they'll be sold within 2-3 weeks at those prices.

Same place I got a 5.0 Batman 227 for $7. Where's the pricing logic?

Go figure.

When I ask about something that hasn't been priced yet it always winds up being wayyyy more than something he prices on his own.

VG Avengers 100 is $20, Fine Avengers Annual 7 is $15. :roflmao: He's charging you Guide Plus for books that you can buy on eBay ALL DAY LONG for five bucks, or less.

Batman 227 in 5.0 is $32.50. $7? :takeit:

Some prices (all 9.2):

Action 1 $1,400,000

All American 16 $400,000

Avengers 4 $5,200

Detective 27 $1,200,000

Fantastic Four 1 $80,000

Gobbledygook 1 $5,000

Green Lantern 76 %2,500

Pep 22 $70,000

Superman 1 $560,000

Well, doesn't look like any big surprises here as the Gobbledygook is really more like a variant book with its very limited distribution. Looks like OS is starting to pick up on the frenzy for the Archie books with a 40% increase for the Pep #22.

Did you noticed any surprises like the All-American #17 in last year's guide which took a real pummeling as OS whacked the price from $27,500 all the way down to only $19,000. Rather surprising since this was the only book that took a hit in the entire run as every other issue continued on their little march upwards. :o

Actually, it was very unOverstreet like and almost leaves you with the impression that maybe it was really nothing more than a typo. Of course, a very costly typo for some collectors if OS really meant to bump the book up to $29K instead of knocking it down to $19K. :cry:

All I can say is thank God I own a copy of AA #61 and not a copy of AA #17. :grin: