• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weird War Tales #2 Grade Please?

13 posts in this topic

I think 8.0 is way harsh. Spine is perfect, no stress. Corners are a bit suspect but most 8.0s I've seen have way more defects than this. Pimpy's 9.0 seems more in line, 8.5 at worst. But what do I know, it's my book so I'm a bit biased.

I think 8.0 is way harsh. Spine is perfect, no stress. Corners are a bit suspect but most 8.0s I've seen have way more defects than this. Pimpy's 9.0 seems more in line, 8.5 at worst. But what do I know, it's my book so I'm a bit biased.

The right upperish edge has some decent size spine breaking creases both horizintal and vertical, at least acording to the scan - and the upper rightish edge has that ding/crease. Man that is a tough one because overall the book is really beautiful, but I think I would go with 8.0. But this really not my grading age. frown.gif

Hmm, I didn't even look at my own scan. The horizontal crease on the right edge is a printers crease and the vertical one shows up as being a lot worse on the scan than it does on the book. Maybe 8.0 but the scan really is making the flaws seem worse than they are. confused-smiley-013.gif

the scan really is making the flaws seem worse than they are.

I have to agree with that! Often I have done large scans of some really nice books and the small crease etc really sticks out. ould be fascinating to see someone who submits to CGC offer scans of your size pre-grade and then show us the final grade!