• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2011 Live

209 posts in this topic

My haul...

Is that the exclusive Toon Tumbler?

Well, it's exclusive to my home. :shrug:

Enjoy. I was asking because there was an exclusive made for the con, but they couldn't post pictures of it before the con started.

Battery at 50%. Heading to comics.

sd20.jpg 

According to Nadia, these two copies of Batman #1 are from Jerry Robinson. They are complete, but have split spines. They are autographed on the lower right hand side of the first page. Nice pictures.

Why aren't the Batman 1's graded??

Bedrock and Gator

sd71.jpg

Why does this remind me of Shatner and Nimoy on the Enterprise?

lol Nimoy was taller, wasn't he lol

sd20.jpg

According to Nadia, these two copies of Batman #1 are from Jerry Robinson. They are complete, but have split spines. They are autographed on the lower right hand side of the first page. Nice pictures.

The spines are completely split on both copies. All Star had direct sales at $15k each on Thursday. The copy on the left has been sold. I don't know why they are not graded. Bunky Brothers had a restored BM 1 for $16k.

sd20.jpg

The spines are completely split on both copies. All Star had direct sales at $15k each on Thursday. The copy on the left has been sold. I don't know why they are not graded. Bunky Brothers had a restored BM 1 for $16k.

When you say the spines are completely split do you mean just the cover is split or the entire book is split and is therefore loose pages??

During the Torchwood panel, Capt. Jack (the guy who plays the main character) said he was loving Comic Con and dropped a couple grand buying stuff. The only thing he talked about as being the coolest item at the show were Toon Tumblers.

That endorsement should warrant a kick to the groin.

sd20.jpg

more than likely restored

sd20.jpg

When you say the spines are completely split do you mean just the cover is split or the entire book is split and is therefore loose pages??

Just the cover is split. These two BM 1 came from Jerry Robinson last year and are not likely restored according to my amateur opinion. Nadia actually opened the books for me. The pages look nice.

sd20.jpg

Just the cover is split. These two BM 1 came from Jerry Robinson last year and are not likely restored according to my amateur opinion. Nadia actually opened the books for me. The pages look nice.

books look to be about a 2.0 to 3.0, so $15k would be a steal.

sd12.jpg 

How did you play off taking this shot? "Uhh just going to check my text messages real fast...CLICK!"

But I'm sure this chick (and the hundred of others) are just going to have to get used to the idea of getting pictures of their racks taken all day.

If she sneezes, it's full disclosure.

Got pepper?

sd20.jpg

A lot of books from Jerry's original owner collection also has brittle pages. :eek: