• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2011 Live

209 posts in this topic

What a crazy, hectic, busy day. It is impossible to "do SDCC" in just a single day. I missed so much. I didn't even get to stop in to the big booths in the middle area of the hall. I'll kick myself for that as I completely missed some booths that I saw as I was heading back to the GA/SA pavilion for the last time. Ryan Ottey at the Image booth for one. :frustrated: I also ran out of cash and missed out on a sketch from Ed Benes and a great splash page from Echo by Terry Moore.

At the end of the day, this trip was not about buying, but building friendships. Although I didn't get to talk to any one person for more than a few minutes, all the boardies I met were friendly and having a good time. Same with the artists. For the most part, they are all genuinely appreciative that fans want to talk to them about their work. That's why I love going to conventions. The attendees who go to SDCC just to stand in line after line really miss out of some great stuff.

Once again, a big thank you to Joel Elad. (worship) who made this day possible for me.

Thanks for tuning in.

Jeff Smith and me

sd66.jpg

:( he is so nice.. He gave me a Bone display bookcase (with Stupid rat creatures with blinky eyes on it) it got burned up in our fire tho..my figures survived although somewhat smushed..

he is a cool dude

What a crazy, hectic, busy day. It is impossible to "do SDCC" in just a single day. I missed so much. I didn't even get to stop in to the big booths in the middle area of the hall. I'll kick myself for that as I completely missed some booths that I saw as I was heading back to the GA/SA pavilion for the last time. Ryan Ottey at the Image booth for one. :frustrated: I also ran out of cash and missed out on a sketch from Ed Benes and a great splash page from Echo by Terry Moore.

At the end of the day, this trip was not about buying, but building friendships. Although I didn't get to talk to any one person for more than a few minutes, all the boardies I met were friendly and having a good time. Same with the artists. For the most part, they are all genuinely appreciative that fans want to talk to them about their work. That's why I love going to conventions. The attendees who go to SDCC just to stand in line after line really miss out of some great stuff.

Once again, a big thank you to Joel Elad. (worship) who made this day possible for me.

Thanks for tuning in.

sweet sweet stuff good report too..lucky sob lol

:)