• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2011 Live

209 posts in this topic

AWESOME report

Thank you for putting this one up.

+1

Looks like a ton of fun. For those in the know, Is Chicago-con this much fun and large? I have little to no chance of ever going to San Diego, but Chicago is a different story....

AWESOME report

Thank you for putting this one up.

+1

Looks like a ton of fun. For those in the know, Is Chicago-con this much fun and large? I have little to no chance of ever going to San Diego, but Chicago is a different story....

Chicago is awesome, but it is nothing like San Diego in terms of size and variety of comic activity.

I forgot to comment about the comics.

First off, the worst thing I saw was when Gator spilled his diet coke on the Showcase 22 under his table. Great job replacing the cover with a photo copy and slipping it back into the CGC case. I never knew you could do that. Whoever this bug guy is you mentioned will never know the difference.

This year was the best crop of vintage comics on display that I've seen in the past few years. Granted, some were merely on display for upcoming auctions, but the comics were still there to view, and, if you ask politely, hold.

Every SA Marvel key was available in nearly every grade, in multiples. There were probably 20-30 copies of AF15 on the floor Thursday morning. DC SA was tougher for multiple grade options, but they were there if you looked. I saw a cash sale for a BB#28 over at Terry's.

Golden Age was just as exciting. Of course, Metro had great high grade on display for their next auction. But, you could find key DC and Timely books. Marvel Comics #1 was available. I saw 3 or 4 copies of Detective 33 and the less desirable Cap #1. :makepoint:

As for me, I'm seriously considering a key I have been after for a number of years. It is the right grade, low. But, it has decent pages of CR/OW.

My biggest disappointment is not finding any copy of Cursed Pirate Girl #1, 2 or 3. I spent the last 45 minutes of the show and many of the comic book dealers there had not even heard of it. If anyone has them, let me know. Reader copies are fine.

Wait, the report is over?

NOOO!

Well, thanks for a day. :golfclap:

Celebrity Sighting- The greggy

Comic collector shop

sd50.jpg 

I was surprised it took until page 10.

doh

I can't believe I didn't see him. I'm like that. I was walking nearly straight at Rey (speedreycer?) and didn't recognize him until he said my name.

Jeff Smith and me

:( he is so nice.. He gave me a Bone display bookcase (with Stupid rat creatures with blinky eyes on it) it got burned up in our fire tho..my figures survived although somewhat smushed..

he is a cool dude

This was my first time meeting him. I agree. And, not just with the kids, but with me and the other adults in line as well.

His booth was right next to Terry Moore (Echo), who I spoke with for a few minutes as well. Terry is a another really nice guy. I'll call that area the humble and sincere section. Which, given their talent and success, makes them both people to look up to.

I forgot to comment about the comics.

First off, the worst thing I saw was when Gator spilled his diet coke on the Showcase 22 under his table. Great job replacing the cover with a photo copy and slipping it back into the CGC case. I never knew you could do that. Whoever this bug guy is you mentioned will never know the difference.

:o Epic fail :sorry:

Question: Are dealers generally ok with taking photos of their walls? I assume it's polite to ask permission first, or is it just an understood thing that they allow?

Are you kidding wall pics are da' BOMB! :headbang:

Question: Are dealers generally ok with taking photos of their walls? I assume it's polite to ask permission first, or is it just an understood thing that they allow?

Oh, I love wall pics as much as the next guy. Just don't know how dealers feel about them, like if you're taking notes for the competition or something. I ask because I'll be at SDCC on Saturday and may take some pics too! :shy:

Battery at 50%. Heading to comics.

sd20.jpg 

According to Nadia, these two copies of Batman #1 are from Jerry Robinson. They are complete, but have split spines. They are autographed on the lower right hand side of the first page. Nice pictures.

Oh, I love wall pics as much as the next guy. Just don't know how dealers feel about them, like if you're taking notes for the competition or something. I ask because I'll be at SDCC on Saturday and may take some pics too! :shy:

I would think they would be ok with it. It is kind of like free advertising.

Every SA Marvel key was available in nearly every grade, in multiples. There were probably 20-30 copies of AF15 on the floor Thursday morning. DC SA was tougher for multiple grade options, but they were there if you looked. I saw a cash sale for a BB#28 over at Terry's.

Golden Age was just as exciting. Of course, Metro had great high grade on display for their next auction. But, you could find key DC and Timely books. Marvel Comics #1 was available. I saw 3 or 4 copies of Detective 33 and the less desirable Cap #1. :makepoint:

Sane old, same old, especially with the SA Marvels as they are simply all over the place. Even with the GA DC's and Timelys, although to a much lesser extent.

How about some of the truly HTF GA books such as some of the early Centaurs and Fox books? Were any of these around.......such as Amazing Man #26, Funny Pages V2 #10, and Funny Picture Picture Stories #7 from Centaur; or Fantastic #3, Mystery Men #3, and Wonderworld #7 from Fox? :cloud9:

If you do see any, be sure to send me a PM and let me know. (thumbs u

If you do, please think of us & keep this thread alive. :wishluck: