• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Favorite Adams Covers Poll: FINAL Round!

Ultimate Favorite Adams Covers Poll: FINAL Round!  

384 members have voted

1. 1. Ultimate Favorite Adams Covers Poll: FINAL Round!

81 posts in this topic

I was very surprised by these omissions as well...

All-Star Western #5 (Gun-fight close-up)

Phantom Stranger #14 (Swamp creature)

Avengers #96 (Vision going berserk)

Superman #252 (Wrap-around)

Conan #37 (Generally awesome)

Justice League #138 (Adam Strange)

Superman vs. Ali Treasury (Too many celebrities to count)

I will take a snap-shot of the current votes tomorrow night at 8:00 PM CST and use those to tabulate the contest results for those who are playing. The 2nd and 3rd place covers are still 1 vote apart! Let's have a fast and furious finale of voting before tomorrow night to send one or the other to clear runner-up status. It will be tough to catch our leader at this point.

Thanks to everyone who has participated and shared their opinions. This thread will soon move to "Permanent Polls" where it will live on in infamy.

:popcorn:

It will be tough to catch our leader at this point.

Yes, it looks like the runaway winner is going to be Batman #227.

For all the real Adams fans out there, I guess it must be a bit unfortunate that what is acknowledged to be his best cover is a homage cover and not a cover from an Adams original concept.

For all the real Adams fans out there, I guess it must be a bit unfortunate that what is acknowledged to be his best cover is a homage cover and not a cover from an Adams original concept.

Absolutely agreed.

So which cover is your ultimate favorite ?

House of Secrets #88 is my ultimate favorite, and it never had a chance. :cry:

I actually like HOS #88 more than Bat #227 although they are both pretty much the same image to me. I am sure that Adams probably had the same thing in mind when he worked on both of them as they are published just 1 month apart from one another.

House of Secrets #88 is my ultimate favorite, and it never had a chance. :cry:

I actually like HOS #88 more than Bat #227 although they are both pretty much the same image to me. I am sure that Adams probably had the same thing in mind when he worked on both of them as they are published just 1 month apart from one another.

hm Good point.

They are all great covers but I would have to give my vote as best to the Tomahawk 116. The action of the horse and rider, bearing down on the surprised frontiersmen is superb! (thumbs u (thumbs u

They are all great covers but I would have to give my vote as best to the Tomahawk 116. The action of the horse and rider, bearing down on the surprised frontiersmen is superb! (thumbs u (thumbs u

I had never seen any of the Tomahawk covers before, but you're right, they're great. I voted for every one of them, although with 15 choices, I voted for damn near everything.

Batman 244 was my favorite by a narrow margin over several other contenders. It's just a great cover.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I hope everyone's doing well. This is a great poll and I'm glad I got a chance to vote. For me, it will always be Batman # 251. One reason is because as a 7.5 years old kid, it was one of the first 10 comics I ever bought, and it's still my favorite Batman issue. I've always loved Detective # 395 and Green Lantern # 87 as well.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I hope everyone's doing well. This is a great poll and I'm glad I got a chance to vote. For me, it will always be Batman # 251. One reason is because as a 7.5 years old kid, it was one of the first 10 comics I ever bought, and it's still my favorite Batman issue. I've always loved Detective # 395 and Green Lantern # 87 as well.

WTTB! GL #87 (John Stewart intro) is one of my favorite Adams covers from the run. I was surprised and disappointed that it didn't make the final round. :sorry: