• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men #1 Scam

41 posts in this topic

Could it have been a label printing mistake!? foreheadslap.gif

I know...

More likely a crook with a dummy scan. boo.gif

edit:

Oh...

He just ended it as I was posting the first time.

It looks like the auction has ended. What was wrong with the listing??? Was it a borrowed scan or something???

Ahhhhh now I see the little + sign on the label.......very sneaky indeed

Nice Avatar!!!!!!! 27_laughing.gif

This really isn't your week, is it?

Check this one out. I have already notified the seller that I will turn him into eBay if he doesn't delist shortly.

Any help from a powerseller would be helpful.

X-Men #1 in VF+ (8.0), Huh?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what was wrong?

I dont get it?

Please consult me before buying any books. (just kidding).

1) The label says VF+ (8.0). A VF+ is an (8.5)

2) Listing says book is a GCG 8.0 (GCG, is that a new company?).

3) Listing says book has Cream to Off-White Pages. Clearly the label is Off-White pages

Other than those items, and the seller made it a private auction, it's seems legit.

Ok those are typos.. you could have told him to correct typos not threaten to turn him in to ebay

the "typo" on the label (VF+ 8.0), can't be the sellers if this is legit. either CGC got it wrong or this is a bungled attempt at posting a fabricated picture. why didn't the seller simply revise his description and explain the apparent CGC error?? devil.gif

Ok those are typos.. you could have told him to correct typos not threaten to turn him in to ebay

You might possibly need glass.

As said before, the actual LABEL in the scan is impossible:

The label reads VF+ (8.0). VF+'s are (8.5).

There is NO WAY it is a CGC typo, because the next question would be:

WHAT IS THE GRADE, a VF or VF+?

Plus when he said Cream to Off-White page (which the label says Off-White), priviate auction, etc., there was NO DOUBT in my MIND, this was a FRAUDLENT AUCTION.

Just so you know, CGC can make mistakes labeling thier comics. I actually bought a comic from Darth several months ago that had the label as 9.6, NM+ but the narrow sticker that runs along the top of the comic had it as 9.4, NM (this was before they changed their labeling obviously). So I sent it back to them for re-slabbing (it was an older, red label and I like the blue) and it came back at 9.6, NM+.

I do think that this was a scam, but CGC does make mistakes nonetheless.

Just so you know, CGC can make mistakes labeling thier comics. I actually bought a comic from Darth several months ago that had the label as 9.6, NM+ but the narrow sticker that runs along the top of the comic had it as 9.4, NM (this was before they changed their labeling obviously). So I sent it back to them for re-slabbing (it was an older, red label and I like the blue) and it came back at 9.6, NM+.

I do think that this was a scam, but CGC does make mistakes nonetheless

I don't doubt that CGC could make a mistake.

What I clearly doubt, is that since this is an old label (therefore would have been graded at least 9 months ago), that NO ONE had sent it back to CGC (since the Label actually shows TWO GRADES VF and VF+).

Why SELL it as a (8.0) when MAYBE it's suppose to be a VF+ (8.5).

THIS WAS A SCAM!!!!!!

I do think that this was a scam, but CGC does make mistakes nonetheless .

Say it isn't so, NOooooooooooooooo!