• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men #1 Scam

41 posts in this topic

Hey! CGC never makes mitsakes!

I believe we discussed this yesterday? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That said:

I know if CGC ever does make a mistake, they will do whatevers needed to fix it. That's all I could ask for. grin.gif

I see that the book is now up for sale again as a CGC 8.0 unrestored.

With a bunch of other books this guy does't have (including GA Sub-Mariner #1).

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

Any powersellers that could help?

I see that the book is now up for sale again as a CGC 8.0 unrestored.

i sent him a note asking where the little "plus" sign that was next to the VF on the CGC label yesterday, went devil.gif

i also alerted E-bay.........i hate this crapola......

I'll will bet my X-Men #1 that he doesn't own these books.

Notice he doesn't even take PayPal. Check or Money Order only.

I CONTACTED E-BAY AGAIN AS HE HAS 5 AUCTIONS UP WHICH ARE COLLECTIVELY OVER $11,000. he has mostly sold/bought hockey cards and the account has been dormant for about two months. also, he hasn't returned my e-mail asking how the 8.5+ is now showing as an 8.0 when it's encapsulated in hard plastic.

e-bay makes it hard to report fraud like this. i keep going to the e-mail, including the item numbers and a message and constantly get a return message that the items numbers are duplicates - which they are definitely not 893frustrated.gif

i hope they investigate this so someone doesn't get burned - there's just no way this can be legit and have the same comic up twice with a different CGC rating in the holder....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

BUMP - -it's important for folks to be aware of the "possible" problem with this auction.

i've contacted e-bay twice now and it doesn't look like they'll take any action. i don't get it - explained that the picture has changed from an impossible VF+ 8.0 to a correct VF 8.0, only after a board member called out the seller on it. but since what has happened can't be explained as legit, shouldn't they investigate??? AND, the seller has not returned my query. and they are hockey card enthusiasts selling 5 key books out of the blue with all the suspicious auction signs.

i'm not big on being a litigant, but if i ever got burned on something like this and found out that e-bay had multiple warnings and took no action, i'd have to rethink my position..........DAMN private auctions - you can't warn the potential buyers............. mad.gif

I'll will bet my X-Men #1 that he doesn't own these books.

Notice he doesn't even take PayPal. Check or Money Order only.

I CONTACTED E-BAY AGAIN AS HE HAS 5 AUCTIONS UP WHICH ARE COLLECTIVELY OVER $11,000. he has mostly sold/bought hockey cards and the account has been dormant for about two months. also, he hasn't returned my e-mail asking how the 8.5+ is now showing as an 8.0 when it's encapsulated in hard plastic.

e-bay makes it hard to report fraud like this. i keep going to the e-mail, including the item numbers and a message and constantly get a return message that the items numbers are duplicates - which they are definitely not 893frustrated.gif

i hope they investigate this so someone doesn't get burned - there's just no way this can be legit and have the same comic up twice with a different CGC rating in the holder....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i'm not big on being a litigant, but if i ever got burned on something like this and found out that e-bay had multiple warnings and took no action, i'd have to rethink my position..........DAMN private auctions - you can't warn the potential buyers.............

That's the problem, the PRIVATE AUCTION. Normally I would have notified the bidders. The only other choice is to set up a fake eBay account and win the books. Then leave negative feedback.

On the other hand, if someone is going to spend that much money on a book, I have to believe they will do SOME RESEARCH before sending this $sshole any money. Especially since he doesn't take PayPal.

I sent the seller this"Please send me a scan of the back cover and also the CGC item # for both the Sub-Mariner and Marvel Mystery."

I'll let you know what he says.

Ok - here's the e-mail reply I got from this guy....

Hello thanos_oftitan,

I`ll atach to this email both scans of the comics.

You have in the description the prices for the comics.

I can accept only money order via Western Union because I'm in Lisabona , Portugal.

If you want I can contact ebay to see if is possible to send you the confirmation that I'm 100% serious seller even if I use money order for payment in this case.

If you agree with money order I can send it to you in a few hours after I receive the Western Union confirmation.

If you are interested please tell me and we can start the deal.

Best Regards,

Gregg

mad.gifThe scans are just of the front covers not the back and no item #!!!!!!!!! mad.gif