• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The RESPECT issue... viable on online forums?

96 posts in this topic

So Lowe's and Home Depot sell punkin squash.

Johnny likes talking punkin squash.

Bubba likes dissn people that talk about punkin squash.

Loolabelle hates people who diss people who love punkin squash.

Sheriff Garddaboards didn't stuff a rag in Bubba's mouth.

Johnny is cryin over being dissed.

Life is short. Eat dessert first.

lol

Cal, take the reactions you have perceived as seriously as they were meant. Which is not very. You've been on here long enough to realize that, even more now than in the past, the majority of posts are knee-jerk, off-the-cuff posts with no thought behind them. From the way posts have been progressing (regressing) I tend to doubt half of the posters are even aware of the topic they are posting in. Just a series of quips, jokes etc.

Like the old saying goes, "You have to consider the source." Look about. Read some of the posts that seem to be distressing you. Then consider the source. I guarantee heaviness of the heart will be considerably lifted.

This is my favorite post of the day, bravo Pov.

Cal, take the reactions you have perceived as seriously as they were meant. Which is not very. You've been on here long enough to realize that, even more now than in the past, the majority of posts are knee-jerk, off-the-cuff posts with no thought behind them. From the way posts have been progressing (regressing) I tend to doubt half of the posters are even aware of the topic they are posting in. Just a series of quips, jokes etc.

Insightful point.

In twelve years of posting on Internet message boards, I've learned that there are some people who simply cannot help being irritating on the Internet. Actually, this is most people. Most people are annoying on the Internet.

The trouble begins when annoying people insist they're not annoying, don't understand why the world is against them and who have no sense of humour about the entire thing. And then they turn into dix.

Dix, you say?

You know, the kind of people who would try to find out what the public opinion is towards their inclination to whine to the administrators of a hobby-related message board about being picked on

In twelve years of posting on Internet message boards, I've learned that there are some people who simply cannot help being irritating on the Internet. Actually, this is most people. Most people are annoying on the Internet.

The trouble begins when annoying people insist they're not annoying, don't understand why the world is against them and who have no sense of humour about the entire thing. And then they turn into dix.

Dix, you say?

You know, the kind of people who would try to find out what the public opinion is towards their inclination to whine to the administrators of a hobby-related message board about being picked on

Ouch.

All true, except I would change "most" to "all."

Personally I like AAA, I recently joined up and got a decent discount on a hotel and car for a trip we're taking next month.
I get roadside assistance through my cellular provider (thumbs u

I'm rockin' with AARP discounts!! :headbang:

Oww! I think I just busted a move. Medic!

Like the old saying goes, "You have to consider the source." Look about. Read some of the posts that seem to be distressing you. Then consider the source. I guarantee heaviness of the heart will be considerably lifted.

Post = high road :angel:

Dix, you say?

Ouch.

All true, except I would change "most" to "all."

I didn't want to get into painting everyone with my brush. Some collateral damage is okay, but this isn't genocide.

It's strange that there are some people for whom one is absolutely unable to generate any sympathy. There's at least two on every board I've ever been on

:banana: Not only do i not really know the topic, this thread was created from another topic that i also am not aware of. I will check it for the inevitable calbot pics/meltdown. :popcorn:

Beau have you seen the new Sonic ads..they stole your concept!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lj4vTKYToM

Actually, 'the "Calbot" was Bosco685's creation, I believe, and is based in a Japanese toy. I don't think some Sonic ad exec ripped Calbot from these forums, but stranger things have happened. Going through my PB albums looking for old Calbot pictures, I found another one from well over a year ago where Calbot mentioned not having a 'fleshy heart'...maybe it was actually a hornets' nest all along.

That would kind of explain a lot. ;)

HEARTS.jpg

Beau have you seen the new Sonic ads..they stole your concept!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lj4vTKYToM

Actually, 'the "Calbot" was Bosco685's creation, I believe, and is based in a Japanese toy. I don't think some Sonic ad exec ripped Calbot from these forums, but stranger things have happened. Going through my PB albums looking for old Calbot pictures, I found another one from well over a year ago where Calbot mentioned not having a 'fleshy heart'...maybe it was actually a hornets' nest all along.

That would kind of explain a lot. ;)

HEARTS.jpg

All they need to do is do a Google search for box robot

http://vi.sualize.us/popular/box%20robot/

amazonbot.jpg3505745568_95bb2ae1b5.jpg

Insightful point.

Yes.