• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Tragedy: Pat Tillman has died.

40 posts in this topic

Pat Tillman is an american hero.

Makes you kinda sick to your stomach about what Eli Manning and

his dad are doing right now...

Being from Phoenix and a fellow ASU alum, this was especially sad news today. I have followed Pat's career since his days at ASU, and this hit me pretty hard. Definiely a great American hero, who will be remembered within the NFL ranks forever.

That being said, I don't have any mal feelings towards the Mannings. Tomorrow is a day that will define Eli's career, and they have to plan accordingly. What else should they be doing? If you meant in light of today's tragedy, I don't think they have an obligation to halt business to mourn Pat's death.

Rob,

I'll try to articulate my feelings... Pat Tillman represents selflessness and

heroism whether it be with the lowly Cardinals or his humility in duty.

He never gave a single interview during his service... it wasn't about him.

Eli Manning and his father are IMO exploiting the system that should allow

for the lesser teams to get the best players. Teams should pick players,

not the other way around.

To me, it's an issue of character... and in the Mannings case, lack of one.

Dan.

The best post so far in this Thread:

Rob,

Dan.

I will always remember Pat Tillman - and I know most of the Forum members that posted here today will also always remember Pat Tillman. We all agree that he did what he thought was right from his heart and SACRIFICED his lucrative NFL career and life and that is why we admire him tremendously.

And I know that most, if not all of us remember ALL US ServiceMen/Women past AND present in the collective sense of respect and thankfulness.

CAL

The best post so far in this Thread:

Rob,

Dan.

I will always remember Pat Tillman - and I know most of the Forum members that posted here today will also always remember Pat Tillman. We all agree that he did what he thought was right from his heart and SACRIFICED his lucrative NFL career and life and that is why we admire him tremendously.

And I know that most, if not all of us remember ALL US ServiceMen/Women past AND present in the collective sense of respect and thankfulness.

CAL

Amen. nicely put. cloud9.gif

Ubiquiti it is easy to be agreeable when discussing outstanding people like Mr. Tillman. thumbsup2.gif Everything else can wait. This is JTMF's Thread and the subject matter must be conrtibutory. The Forum Members did just that, and were respectful. This is a great Thread about Mr. Tillman and that is how I would like to remember this and will close on that note.

hi.gif

CAL

Its a tragedy and a shame...he was an honor to this country! I feel for the family....

Its a tragedy and a shame that such a brave person had to die in this pointless war! I feel for the family....

I don't think what we are doing in Afghanistan is pointless, and to say it is diminishes what people like Tillman are trying to do. 893naughty-thumb.gif

***original statement edited*****

my bad! I posted BEFORE reading the article! makepoint.gif Lesson to learn here kiddies... never post before reading EVERYTHING!

***original statement edited*****

my bad! I posted BEFORE reading the article! makepoint.gif Lesson to learn here kiddies... never post before reading EVERYTHING!

No problem X, we all do the same thing from time to time. I have edited my post as well.

It is a rare person who would give up what he did to go fight for his country. I don't want to minimize the sacrifices made by the hundreds of other soldiers who have fought and died for our country in Afghanistan and Iraq, but I think that Tillman's sacrifice in the face of fame and riches is worthy of note.

Pat Tillman stands for character and class and self sacrifice putting his country before his own life. Eli Manning is your typical me first overpaid athlete. Manning represents why pro sports is going right down the crapper.

Why the [!@#%^&^] are we discussing Eli Manning in a thread that is a tribute to Pat Tillman is my question.

Pat Tillman stands for character and class and self sacrifice putting his country before his own life. Eli Manning is your typical me first overpaid athlete. Manning represents why pro sports is going right down the crapper.

It was really unbelievable that this tradgedy happen, but that's that chance all of are men and women in the Armed forces take.

I couldn't have more respect for any man than I do for Pat Tilman. His family, while morning their loss can at least take a small measure of comfort in the way he lived his life while he was with us.

RIP Pat frown.gif