• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you care about the new Ghost Rider film?

71 posts in this topic

Why so much hate for Ghost Rider? I thought we were all comic book fans. Nic Cage is also a huge comic book fan. Hell, that's where his stage name originates (from Luke Cage, nonetheless!). I wouldn't call myself a big follower of his, but I don't see any reason to bash another comic enthusiast.

Look... the movie won't be Oscar worthy, but it will probably be more enjoyable to most of us than anything else playing at the time of its release. Besides, Hollywood is out of good ideas. Indeed, the new Ghost Rider movie should be a decent enough way to escape for a couple of hours.

If there can be a Ghost RIder sequel, then there can be a Green Lantern sequel!

Ghost Rider did bigger box office than Green Lantern.

Ghost Rider $115,802,596

Green Lantern $114,144,109.

When you factor in that Ghost Rider came out in 2007 when movie prices were lower than I could see were Ghost Rider got a sequel moneywise.

Why so much hate for Ghost Rider? I thought we were all comic book fans. Nic Cage is also a huge comic book fan. Hell, that's where his stage name originates (from Luke Cage, nonetheless!). I wouldn't call myself a big follower of his, but I don't see any reason to bash another comic enthusiast.Look... the movie won't be Oscar worthy, but it will be probably be more enjoyable to most of us than anything else playing at the time of its release. Besides, Hollywood is out of good ideas. Indeed, the new Ghost Rider movie should be a decent enough way to escape for a couple of hours.

+1

I was hoping they would have went with Danny Ketch this time as Ghost Rider instead of Johnny Blaze. Danny Ketch would work much better for films than Blaze has.

I am always surpised by how many people judge something they havn't seen yet. (like the I don't reed modern comics because they are **** from people who don't ever read them so how can you know).

OK, maybe you don't like the actor, the team, the story, the first movie. But maybe this one will be better, different... It wouldn't be the first time a second movie is better then the first one... OK, I take that back, it's a rarity a prequel or sequel is better. Still. Judge after you've seen it. I will too.

Why so much hate for Ghost Rider? I thought we were all comic book fans. Nic Cage is also a huge comic book fan. Hell, that's where his stage name originates (from Luke Cage, nonetheless!). I wouldn't call myself a big follower of his, but I don't see any reason to bash another comic enthusiast.

Look... the movie won't be Oscar worthy, but it will be probably be more enjoyable to most of us than anything else playing at the time of its release. Besides, Hollywood is out of good ideas. Indeed, the new Ghost Rider movie should be a decent enough way to escape for a couple of hours.

You get the Gold Star for positive thinking. I'm sure you'll be semi right.

Look... the movie won't be Oscar worthy, but it will be probably be more enjoyable to most of us than anything else playing at the time of its release. Besides, Hollywood is out of good ideas. Indeed, the new Ghost Rider movie should be a decent enough way to escape for a couple of hours.

Nice, couldnt have said it any better. I hope the movie is great, but even the chance that it spoons.... Movies that put the heros we love in front of the public eye are good for the hobby. It keeps those same heros relavent. Now I would agree that good movies are better than bad ones.... but, ever heard that saying that there is no such thing as bad publicity?

If there can be a Ghost RIder sequel, then there can be a Green Lantern sequel!

Ghost Rider did bigger box office than Green Lantern.

Ghost Rider $115,802,596

Green Lantern $114,144,109.

When you factor in that Ghost Rider came out in 2007 when movie prices were lower than I could see were Ghost Rider got a sequel moneywise.

crazy!

For what it's worth, I'm all for another Green Lantern (and Spider-Man!) movie. Like Ghost Rider, the Lantern was cheesy. Yet, it made for good eye candy, and it is nice to see our favorite heroes on the big screen. If nothing else, perhaps the movie studios are setting us up for better reboots in the future.

Nice, couldnt have said it any better. I hope the movie is great, but even the chance that it spoons.... Movies that put the heros we love in front of the public eye are good for the hobby. It keeps those same heros relavent. Now I would agree that good movies are better than bad ones.... but, ever heard that saying that there is no such thing as bad publicity?

Well, I for one HOPE that Ghost Rider is good. To me, the first one bombed so badly that it sucked all the wind out of my sails for the sequel. I had HIGH hopes for the first one, especially having Cage and Menendez. If I hear from folks on the boards that it is decent, I'll go see it because after all, I am a comic fan. It's just that when they set a bad precedent and then cast the same actor the second time....yikes. :wishluck:

I've no hostility towards any unreleased comic book film, I just don't think I'll end up getting around to seeing the new Ghost Rider at the cinema. I watched the first film when it was shown on TV, quite an enjoyable whiling away of a couple of hours, actually, and no reason the new one won't work the same for me. (thumbs u