• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which time?

36 posts in this topic

Okay, that's enough....you are really FREAKIN' ME OUT, DUDE! 893whatthe.gif

And maybe years later Oliver Pebble does a movie about it! grin.gif

STOP IT! STOP IT! BRAIN......MELTING......MUST.......FIND.....ICE!

Ice for your head? Hey didnt they lose JFK's brain?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

shouldve been made into a comic...."Attack of the 50ft. JFK Brain!!" sumo.gif

(or is that going just a tad to far... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif)

.......................... " * " .........................

wink.gif

And there's always the question raised in "The Dead Zone." If you could go back in time, say, to the turn of the century, when Hitler was an innocent little boy...no armies, no funny mustache...

Could you kill him?

these lines was Ray Bradbury's The Sound of Thunder (think that was the title)

Was that the story about the guy writing his college paper, and then goes on a weird mind trip of a time travel ride.

He writing his paper, he sees a guy in his room, they have a fight, they fall into a time travel thing, events lead him to go back to warn himeself not to get in the fight..

But he ends up the fighting himself back in the room, so he keeps .coming back to warn himself, but he getting in a fight with himeself because he doesnt reconginze himself..... so . he keeps coming back to stop himself from going back in time, but the accidents that happen are all part of history as they happen, so even though the events are new to the wrinkle, it is added to it and therefore meant to happen.

There is also a part of the story about a race of people he meets while there, and becomes their leader..?

I need to look up that story.. I know I butchered it just now , but Bradburys story is by far the best grasp of how time travel would work, and what you would do if you could.And all the problems it presents

Anyhow, was that the story you meant ?

now that my brain hurts, I will go ice it with a beer.

Z

Oh and to answer your post question.

I have thought about this before.

And I have a hard time deciding, but I have decided I would not go back to witness "moments in history"

But rather observe a time period.

You say the Dinos... and thats hard to argue.

But for me , for purely selfish reasons , I want to see The Great Pyramids being built.

No, The Sound of Thunder........Dinosaur hunting via Time Travel, guy steps on a butterfly....ring a bell?

Also done as a comic book feature for EC, by Wood I think. Find me that cover guys!

And there's always the question raised in "The Dead Zone." If you could go back in time, say, to the turn of the century, when Hitler was an innocent little boy...no armies, no funny mustache...

Could you kill him?

what I always find interesting is 99% of the time this question is raised, it will invariably go to the "Hitler Question"...to kill or not to kill. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Could you kill him?

what I always find interesting is 99% of the time this question is raised, it will invariably go to the "Hitler Question"...to kill or not to kill. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Aw shucks...I hate being predictable. Maybe it's time to insert a different name. Bin Laden perhaps. Or that kid who stole my bike in the third grade.

What time period would I go back to? The day before Edgar Church's family called up Chuck and asked him to come take a look at the comics clogging up their basement. I'd show up at their door with a wad of cash, 22,000 mylars, and a U-Haul.

Could you kill him?

Aw shucks...I hate being predictable. Maybe it's time to insert a different name. Bin Laden perhaps. Or that kid who stole my bike in the third grade.

What time period would I go back to? The day before Edgar Church's family called up Chuck and asked him to come take a look at the comics clogging up their basement. I'd show up at their door with a wad of cash, 22,000 mylars, and a U-Haul.

Im thinking it is a reflection of the times....Hitler did (or ordered) the most horrible things we can imagine so naturally we would go back to him. Who knows if the next generation will answer the question using Bin Laden instead. confused-smiley-013.gif

you should go back in time to the top of this thread, to when I posted early January 1977.

you should go back in time to the top of this thread, to when I posted early January 1977.

You didn't want to re-live Super Bowl XI?