• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for some advice for a commission.

19 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new to the boards and just started collecting original art work. I want to have a 11 x 17 commission of Mandarin Spawn. Like the cover of Spawn 165 or a version of the first Mandarin spawn action figure from Mcfarlane toys. I like darker stuff. Maybe a black and white. Anyone know a good reliable artist that could do the commission? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Joe

Try Tim Vigil (Faust), as he likes to draw dark, macabre subjects. Not sure if he will be at Wizard Chicago. He just finished displaying his art and doing sketches at SDCC last week. You can ask for just pencils or inked at a reasonable price too. Price goes up if you want a detailed background. :gossip:

Hiddendragon,

Thanks aardvark and Torch. I appreciate the help. Do you guys know the best way to approach these guys?

Tim Vigil's very active on the convention circuit. You can find him at any number of shows across the country and approach him there about a commission. You'll be pleased to know he's very affordable, too. :)

Your friend,

casl

What you seek is right up my alley as well.

I work for reasonable rates, and my pieces are top quality.

Have a look here for some samples.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3485776#Post3485776

Or click on the links below to see my Photobucket samples.

I can do recreations or customized.

Send me a private message if you want more information.

Thanks.

Thanks aardvark. Do you guys know the best way to approach these guys?

Try Tim Vigil at Wizard Chicago booth # 2006. Think he can do the primary figure penciled and inked for about $75. Logo or detailed background may increase cost. Vigil should be able to complete it within 1 hour depending on his wait list. :popcorn:

Thanks again guys, I don't think I'm going to make it to Chicago this year. A few other people threw some names like:

Marcio Abreu

Jose Luis

Mico Suayan

Rich Banks

Dexter Soy

to me, I'm not sure about their reputations. Does anyone know anything about any of these guys?

Joe

I don't know what kind of style you're looking for but I recommend:

Mike Rooth

Ron Salas

Mike Hawthorne

Nate Snareser

Andy Kuhn

Kevin Sharpe

Ryan Cody

Drew Rausch

Brian Churilla

Loston Wallace

Bill Reinhold

Chuck BB

Gene Gonzales

Andrew Ross MacLean

Dave Stokes

Dan McDaid

J.K. Woodward

I've had good experiences with all of these guys on commissions and they cover a wide range of styles. Check out their art and see what you like. Then just e-mail one of them and ask about rates and such. Most will need a reference image or two so be prepared to provide that.

Thanks again guys, I don't think I'm going to make it to Chicago this year. A few other people threw some names like:

Marcio Abreu

Jose Luis

Mico Suayan

Rich Banks

Dexter Soy

to me, I'm not sure about their reputations. Does anyone know anything about any of these guys?

Joe

I'm somewhat biased too I guess re Dexter :insane:

But his commission speed is pretty fast from what I've seen. Very reliable artist, the piece I posted was done about a week after payment

I may be a bit biased here as I consider him a friend, but I think Stuart Sayger would do a great version of what you are looking for.

Stuart just did a fantastic dark Swamp Thing for me. I highly recommend. (thumbs u