• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What The Hell Is Going On?

485 posts in this topic

Nope I got that one from your buddy. But thank you for the prop.

Whatever that means. Keep on trucking, big guy. (thumbs u

We will try. Right into Baltimore, DragonCon, Montreal and New York. So when will we see your pretty little face again?

Chicago. Are you going to threaten me again? That would be the awesome cherry on top of this DWC sundae.

But really you just keep on working so super hard. make sure you post about how hard you are working. I haven't forgotten how hard you are working.

Boy you must really be insecure if you took anythng as a threat. :shy: And glad you are enjoying a DWC sundae. (thumbs u As for working hard, I haven't said anything about working hard. (shrug) Just enjoying the conversation. (thumbs u

Enjoy away, tiger. Mr. Insecure signing out.

Somebody save this thread. It doesn't have a prayer.

So there's no answer yet as to littlebill's situation with someone promising SS services and then reneging when he was offered more money?

That was the question right before the diversionary alert systems of dog's butts et al kicked in, right?

Chris I didn't realized that littlebill's comment or situation had anything to do with me? The last batch of books he submitted to us got signed and submitted to CGC so your point is?

I think Sean was asking you if you had an opinion of how that issue was handled and how you hypothetically would have handled a similar situation if it would have ever popped up in your day to day facilitation of SS books.

That's what this "unity in the community" thread was ostensibly about, getting down to how SS fans help, or hurt, each other.

That's what I read about it from Sean's posts anyway.

It may have nothing to do with you directly, littlebill didn't name the parties involved, but when Sean asked you how you would handle a similar situation you immediately diverted using far more energy and effort than answering him directly would have absorbed.

If I had to boil it down to what my point was, that would most likely be it, but I can't be sure I am distracted by watching Larry's Twitter feed today.

I don't even know what littlebill's situation was. So how can I comment on it?

He said

i have been promised things by some of the " big dogs " that do ss that they didnt deliver on. some things just dont work out.

What were those things? Someone buying books from him? Buying books for him? Getting a signature? And by his own words "some things just dont work out". That could mean that someone was going to buy one of his sketchs he had made and they changed their minds. So you tell me.

i did have one promise made recently that the biggest ss dog of all didnt come through on. it sucked because i was told one thing then they did another and it was all based on them getting a bigger money offer.

Now that sounds like someone who was going to sell him a book and they got a better price from someone else.

Considering that I am not an active seller of books on the boards it does not involve me. So once again what would you like me to say? I do not know what littlebill is referring to so it is difficult for me to comment on how I would handle something.

Doug.. In this case as much as I hate to I have to agree with Finger on this. You were talking about how things have been quiet and everyone was being careful. You were looking for the banter that goes on here. Do you know what the number used icon is on the board? If you really look it is... :popcorn:.. Because this place becomes a place of entertainment for others to watch. So while you started a thread asking what was going on. Now you have what many consider a normal thread and that is bantering back and forth. How could Finger and I PM on this stuff when you have to see this stuff to talk about? It is not the same.

He said

i have been promised things by some of the " big dogs " that do ss that they didnt deliver on. some things just dont work out.

What were those things? Someone buying books from him? Buying books for him? Getting a signature? And by his own words "some things just dont work out". That could mean that someone was going to buy one of his sketchs he had made and they changed their minds. So you tell me.

i did have one promise made recently that the biggest ss dog of all didnt come through on. it sucked because i was told one thing then they did another and it was all based on them getting a bigger money offer.

Now that sounds like someone who was going to sell him a book and they got a better price from someone else.

Considering that I am not an active seller of books on the boards it does not involve me. So once again what would you like me to say? I do not know what littlebill is referring to so it is difficult for me to comment on how I would handle something.

I know exactly that this is about..and it has nothing to do with $$ or selling a book. That's all I'm going to say, littlebill can speak for himself after I talk to him on the phone.

Almost like someone said to me, "A, I'll see what I can do for you." And then in response "You're not a BIG MONEY customer...sorry."

Anyways, enough is enough. I know who I can trust and go to get stuff done. Obviously friendship and mutual conversations mean nothing, specially in the way of getting RARE signatures.

He said

I know exactly that this is about..and it has nothing to do with $$ or selling a book. That's all I'm going to say, littlebill can speak for himself after I talk to him on the phone.

Almost like someone said to me, "A, I'll see what I can do for you." And then in response "You're not a BIG MONEY customer...sorry."

Adonis I guess you missed what I said earlier. Go back and read my earlier post and then ask yourself those questions I asked everyone else.

I read it Chandler.. Still a simple sorry..can't do anything for you at this time would of been good. Or, hey brother I know you really wanted THAT sig, but things got out of control and I promised ten people, not the 20 that asked me. So I had to take care of those first.

Approach and delivery is everything.