• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seller cancels auctions AFTER being paid?

30 posts in this topic

What is up with a seller cancelling an auction AFTER it is over and AFTER being paid?

I bought these two items, it was a seven day auction and NO ONE else bid. I figured it would be easier to buy these online already CGC graded than to send my current books in for grading.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2239100771

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2239101570

I win the auctions, I pay the guy and then he cancels, will not return my MONEY or my e-mails.

What the?!?!?! Isn't a winning bid a legally binding contract? Anyone else have this happen? What did you do? Any advice would be great.

So far, I have:

contacted eBay (no answer)

contacted PayPal and filed a complaint

contacted the seller (no answer)

893frustrated.gif

If you have his address, tell him that if he doesn't respond, you'll call the police in his hometown and report internet fraud. That has seemed to work pretty well when people have tried it.

I'm confused. According to those links, you didn't win the auctions. Nobody did. I see your bid cancelled on both auctions, as well as a bunch of others who bid on the same items?

But what an hole Reynoldjay is - ending the auctions with 2 minutes to go? Screw him.

Hey Steve -

If you get into a real problem getting your money back, I would be happy to take a trip up to Saginaw for you. I live about 30 miles from there.

Ask ReynoldJay if he wants a 6'6", 300 lb ex-defensive lineman pounding on his door. Hell, I'll bring my brothers and buddies along to - we could set up camp in his driveway grin.gif

- Dave

What is up with a seller cancelling an auction AFTER it is over and AFTER being paid?

I bought these two items, it was a seven day auction and NO ONE else bid. I figured it would be easier to buy these online already CGC graded than to send my current books in for grading.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2239101860

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2239101570

I win the auctions, I pay the guy and then he cancels, will not return my MONEY or my e-mails.

What the?!?!?! Isn't a winning bid a legally binding contract? Anyone else have this happen? What did you do? Any advice would be great.

So far, I have:

contacted eBay (no answer)

contacted PayPal and filed a complaint

contacted the seller (no answer)

893frustrated.gif

I get his emails every week, he claims to be the largest dealer in the world. He has TV stations doing interviews about this business. Call him. Her is the jerks website.

Jerks website

I'm confused. According to those links, you didn't win the auctions.

well, according to PayPal I did wink.gif

paypal_deal.gif

BUT, the good thing is, we have a lawyer on retainer for our website and I had him make a nice, polite, Saturday afternoon call for me wink.gif

paypal_deal.gif

BUT, the good thing is, we have a lawyer on retainer for our website and I had him make a nice, polite, Saturday afternoon call for me wink.gif

Oh, I see. The auction shown here is not one of the two you linked in the original post above.

Either my attorney or one of you guys got to this guy awful quick....I just got the famous "total misunderstanding" e-mail promising that the comics will ship and it was all just an accident.

Maybe the threat of Dr. ICE 6900 coming to get him made him see things my way.... ( I know it is D. Rice...I couldn't pass up the Dr. Ice joke though wink.gif ).

I understand that the auction was closing and the guy probably wasn't getting what he wanted for them so he tried to pull a fast one, but still...things like this [!@#%^&^] you off more when they happen TO you wink.gif

Oh, I see. The auction shown here is not one of the two you linked in the original post above.

I'm retarded, I linked one of the comics wrong. Fixed now.

Steve

I don't know why there's all of this namecalling against this seller. He has always been courteous and helpful to me. This guy is totally legit. Did he end the auction early. confused-smiley-013.gif

Plenty of people here have done biz with him. Not a fly by night organization, although I find his HTML skills and choice of colors "interesting" 27_laughing.gif

BTW, tell him to PACK IT RIGHT. That's my only beef... foreheadslap.gif

The only comic you paid for in paypal was 144.

according to paypal you never paid for the other comic that he ended early.

I dont get it?

You know, it irks me when people do that. You state that like it is a fact. You work for PayPal? No? I didn't think so:

paypal_knowitall.gif

Anyhow, the situation has been resolved now so I guess none of this matters now does it? ....well, until someone closes the auction YOU have just won. Little different when it happens to you, you never know...you might spaz out like I did and panic. The guy straightened it out after I contacted him, so all is good.

The only comic you paid for in paypal was 144.

according to paypal you never paid for the other comic that he ended early.

I dont get it?

You know, it irks me when people do that. You state that like it is a fact. You work for PayPal? No? I didn't think so:

Anyhow, the situation has been resolved now so I guess none of this matters now does it? ....well, until someone closes the auction YOU have just won. Little different when it happens to you, you never know...you might spaz out like I did and panic. The guy straightened it out after I contacted him, so all is good.

Maybe reynold jay was mad at you for sending two separate payments instead of one, on the same day, therefore costing him twice the amount in Paypal fees?

And I still don't understand this whole thing. There is no way a person can cancel an auction after there has been a winner. The two original links had no winners. You can't win an auction that has been ended early (after the seller cancels all the bids). So was this transaction completed outside of Ebay?