• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trigger for receiving heritage catalogs?

37 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone knows precisely what does or does not trigger getting sent a heritage catalog.

I rarely buy on heritage but I do enjoy the catalogs and do bid/buy from time to time.

Sometimes I get them free... once in a while I subscribe.. but basically I am never sure if I am going to get a free copy or if I'm going to have to pay. More than anything I just want to make sure I receive them without interruption but it seems silly to always subscribe considering sometimes they just "show up."

What's the trigger? Is it a certain number or dollar amt of wins? Certain amount of bidding? anyone know?

...well I know from personal experience that if you call them a bunch a frickin thieves they will not only stop sending you catalogs, but suspend your account,...I'm just saying,... (shrug)

I have only bid on one auction ever (didn't win) a few months ago and recieved a free for this upcoming auction.

I thought it was kind of cool to look through, but $50 :o I hope no one actually pays that.

I have only bid on one auction ever (didn't win) a few months ago and recieved a free for this upcoming auction.

I thought it was kind of cool to look through, but $50 :o I hope no one actually pays that.

See, I've heard that, but it hasn't been my experience. There have been times when I have put sizable bids in, not won like you are saying, and not received a free catalog. ???

I bid on many and won only 2 books in the past 2 years and seems like they send me a catalogue every other auction. I got one for the upcoming auction, not the last one, and I got one for the previous one, etc..

I won both books a year ago and nothing this year.

I've gotten all of them for the last 5 - 6 years...I'm not a high volume customer, but tend to bid on items every Sunday, and maybe win one or two books every two months. I also buy one or two pieces of art each time they have a signature auction (Every 4 months ?)

It must cost them an arm and a leg to send these to me, each time they are hand delivered by a UPS or FED-EX courier and they are sent express...but they are a treat to flick through, even in this day and age of huge scans and instant accessibility on the internet.

I'm just like Chrom except I don't bid on the art.

I've gotten all of them for years.

Most of the time, they showed up about the time the auctions ended but I've been winning more on their Sunday auctions and I got the current auction catalog over a week ago.

2 catalogs over 3 years. I have a bunch on wishlist and I think it might be related to winning some books almost immediately prior to getting a catalog.

I got mine the other day, I've noticed that I only get one if I WIN books from them every so often. Since 2008 I've only received 9 of their catalogs.

This has been my experience over the past year or two. I won a book in the May Sig auction and didn't get any for the Aug one. It used to be that if you were a high bidder on some books, they'd send you a catalog for the next Sig auction. That stopped, at least for me, once their bidder base started getting bigger and bigger. Just too expensive to ship out those books for free. C'est la vie

Most of the time, they showed up about the time the auctions ended but I've been winning more on their Sunday auctions and I got the current auction catalog over a week ago.

:whatev:

:whatev:
:banana:

I got them regularly in 2003/2004 or around then. I would put serious bids on stuff during that time, but I never actually won anything.