• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amazing copy of a super tough hi grade FF

64 posts in this topic

Sold :cry:

:o

Wow.

5 figures for a non mega key non 9.8 early Marvel.

Wow.

Pfft, happens all the time in ASM land.

Stoopid money

I don't know about that. Yes, $38K is a lot of money for a non key but this is one of the toughest early FFs in high grade and it's a 9.6. My guess is there won't be another 9.6 publicly available in the next 5-10 years. My initial thought was that it could have gone for more in an auction format (shrug)

Well, sure...but that's Spidey lunacy.

Lunacy or not you know spidey rules

No issue of Spidey is as rare as FF #13. This book has never been for sale to anybody not named Brulato before this copy. It has been popping up a bit more frequently over the last year than ever before though. No 9.4 had ever been available publicly since CGC started before, but now there's this one, the Twin Cities copy that went from a fugly 9.2 (due to dark top-edge tanning) to a fugly 9.4, and another 9.4 that got sold privately by Bechara--although that 9.4 may be this 9.6 before a press, I didn't see it and don't know if it had a date stamp.

Stoopid money

Maybe. But that's been a fairly common refrain about certain comic buys over the years. I'm sure people said the same kind of thing about a lot of the Dentist's purchases too.

And personally, I wish I would have spent more "stoopid money" 10 or 15 years ago.