• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hitler's Ear...

40 posts in this topic

Ya, that is right, Hitler's Ear...and worm crawling out of it...while sitting on his skull and bones throne... :o

I looked for quite a while before I found this copy - bought it raw a number of years ago, finally had it slabbed. Some creasing on the front cover but a chunk out of the back cover really dropped the grade down. Think it looks a hell of a lot better than it technically grades. I could never have afforded a real high grade copy. I don't think there are loads of these slabbed. Schomburg's cover is killer in my opinion on this issue - how can you top this. Throne of bones and skulls. Crazy cover...

Anyone else have this book in better condition than my measly 1.0, please post your copies, would love to see 'em... :grin: Definitely one of my favorite MMC covers and I think, the best Hitler cover of the 1940s. I know there are others, but I like this one best... :cloud9: and I do have a nice copy of Mystic #7. This is still my favorite.

Discuss...what is the relevance of this issue? Best war time Hitler cover? Is there as much demand for this issue as other Hitler covers? I am interested in other opinions and thoughts on this specific Hitler issue.

Discuss... Thanks! :)

Here is my "stunning" low grade copy... :cloud9: Blue label :cloud9: Never pressed :grin:

img0767vg.jpg

Here's my lowly 2.0! Long considered a classic, but compared to the surrounding issues it's not nearly as tough as the classic superplane cover 44 (per CGC census data) with 16 universal graded copies vs. just 8 for the 44.

mm46.jpg

Shoot. I was just going to post my 8.5 copy! Well, forget it then. I'm not going to bother. :sumo:

I was going to post mine too, but after west's 9.0 and richards 8.5, well, my 8.5 barely lays claim to bronze :cry:

Two teases...

Shoot. I was just going to post my 8.5 copy!

I was going to post mine too

DSC01943.jpg

West's 9.0 copy appears to be from the San Francisco pedigree! :cloud9:

One of the only GA pedigrees for which I do not have a sample of and will now, most likely never have in my collection. Especially after passing on 2 Marvel Mystery SF's in my first SD Con back in the early 90's. Jon Warren was unaware they were SF copies and had them priced at only guide. I took the Captain America instead because it appeared to be in nicer shape than the 2 SF Marvel Mystery books. doh!

DSC01943.jpg

West's 9.0 copy appears to be from the San Francisco pedigree! :cloud9:

One of the only GA pedigrees for which I do not have a sample of and will now, most likely never have in my collection. Especially after passing on 2 Marvel Mystery SF's in my first SD Con back in the early 90's. Jon Warren was unaware they were SF copies and had them priced at only guide. I took the Captain America instead because it appeared to be in nicer shape than the 2 SF Marvel Mystery books. doh!

Do you remember what issues the 2 Marvel Mystery's were?