• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's Your Favorite Non-Comicbook Licensed Superhero Movies?

31 posts in this topic

On the heel's of Tuesday's new almost direct-to-video costume-clad release "Super". Starring Inception's Ellen Page.

ellen-page-590km0323.jpg

(worship)

I was wondering what everyone else's non-comicbook licensed guilty pleasure superhero flick is(The Cape, Heroes...).

I know alot of boardies will just utter... Darkman, but I was wondering if there was any others out there that might be good?

I for one enjoyed Defendor, starring Woody Harrelson.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1303828/

Co-starring a very game Kat Dennings. This low-budget movie is a love it or hate it movie(the writer remains Anonymous lol ) about a mentally unfit caped crusader, but I found it stayed in my memory alot longer than Superman Returns. Watch the trailers at the link. They are so funny.

Anyone got any others they can recommend? :popcorn:

One of the reviews for "Super"...

Take "Kick-@ss." Strip it of most of its wit and charm, amp up the violence, the sadism. Make it more crude and coarse and gory. And what you're left with is Super.

On the heel's of Tuesday's new almost direct-to-video costume-clad release "Super". Starring Inception's Ellen Page.

ellen-page-590km0323.jpg

(worship)

I was wondering what everyone else's non-comicbook licensed guilty pleasure superhero flick is(The Cape, Heroes...).

I know alot of boardies will just utter... Darkman, but I was wondering if there was any others out there that might be good?

I for one enjoyed Defendor, starring Woody Harrelson.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1303828/

Co-starring a very game Kat Dennings. This low-budget movie is a love it or hate it movie(the writer remains Anonymous lol ) about a mentally unfit caped crusader, but I found it stayed in my memory alot longer than Superman Returns. Watch the trailers at the link. They are so funny.

Anyone got any others they can recommend? :popcorn:

I had several, but after seeing Ellen Page in that costume I forgot them all! :insane:

Paperman is a pretty good movie..

Ryan Reynolds in a supporting part as an imaginary super-hero friend of a writers blocked Jeff Daniels.

Can't go wrong with Emma Stone too.

If you're only comparing Ryan Reynolds super-flicks, this one beats Green Lantern by a mile.

Trancers should qualify - and about as good of a sci-fi movie as you could make for $1 million (a budget buster by Charles Band).

Highlander.

If they need a cape, I'll go with Greatest American Hero.

If they need a cape, I'll go with Greatest American Hero.
This one and V were the greatest television programming(not counting Doctor Who's Pertwee through Davidson) for this seven year old back in '82.

Unbreakable was pretty cool.
(worship)

A co-worker and I were just talking about this one today!

I also enjoyed The Misfits of Science, for the short time it was on. It was a great X-Men rip-off to kids not familiar with the mythology at the time.

I would like to nominate Manimal while we are talking about television shows too. lol