• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project: Sugar and Spike
4 4

557 posts in this topic

On 6/27/2023 at 2:26 PM, Silver said:

Recent raw pickup, upgrades my 4.0 copy. The issues in the teens are just so though to get in this kind of grade

IMG_2921.jpeg

So, you are the lucky winning bidder! Congrats. I wondered if you had seen it. I almost sent you a message but figured by the time I saw it, it was probably too late.

On 6/28/2023 at 3:14 PM, Silver said:

Hehe Jaylam, I don't know how lucky I was, did you see how much it went for 😭

Lol, yes I did. However, this one is in pretty amazing condition. Looks like the top graded is a 7.5. This one looks close to that. If I remember correctly the back cover looks real clean with a very, very light dust shadow. I was tempted to bid on it, but didn't. There are only 4 graded copies on the census, so this is a rare early issue find. If you end up getting it graded, let us know how it turns out. (thumbsu

On 6/29/2023 at 5:04 AM, Jaylam said:

Lol, yes I did. However, this one is in pretty amazing condition. Looks like the top graded is a 7.5. This one looks close to that. If I remember correctly the back cover looks real clean with a very, very light dust shadow. I was tempted to bid on it, but didn't. There are only 4 graded copies on the census, so this is a rare early issue find. If you end up getting it graded, let us know how it turns out. (thumbsu

You know I will! 👍

Probably the biggest update ever on project Sugar and Spike. My friendly competitor @Pacole retired from comic collecting and put his collection up for auction with Comic Connect. He and I competed for S&S issues for years, and he certainly had some I very much wanted to add to my set. He contacted me last year to let me know his books would be in this auction and I have patiently waited for last night. Not surprisingly, Sugar and Spike’s were not the only books he had that I coveted. I very much wanted his Gaines File Copies of Weird Fantasy 20 and Weird Science 10. While I pursued the Weird Fantasy (GFC 9.6 with a Feldstein signature!) I gave up and become the first underbidder. 😢

But oh did I add to the S&S set! Three new slots filled and nine upgrades! I need to check my stats but I think I am down to six issues left to have a complete CGC run of all 98 issues!

Here we go!

On 3/22/2024 at 7:35 AM, Silver said:

Three new slots filled and nine upgrades! I need to check my stats but I think I am down to six issues left to have a complete CGC run of all 98 issues!

:whatthe:  :whatthe:  (worship)