• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project: Sugar and Spike
4 4

557 posts in this topic

I hate to dissapoint, but I never collected Stanley and His Monster other than the small series after Fox and Crow was changed, and I sold those a long time ago.

The Sugar and Spike thing was something I always wanted to do, but just didn't get around to. Now that I mostly just upgrade other books, it's one of the two main series I am filling out, the other being Brave and the Bold.

Here is the Savannah 55 scanned raw. It isn't as glossy as some of the other issues I have. However, high grade issues aren't easy to come by so I grabbed it when I saw it. The Don and Maggie copy looks better, but I don't usually upgrade 9.2's.

sas55.jpg

Here is the Savannah 55 scanned raw. It isn't as glossy as some of the other issues I have. However, high grade issues aren't easy to come by so I grabbed it when I saw it. The Don and Maggie copy looks better, but I don't usually upgrade 9.2's.

sas55.jpg

It looks nicer than the CGC cased scan on Heritage.

Had a note a is box waitng for me to collect from the Post Office so as it has been nice today I walked down for it. Turned out to be from Heritage...Sugar and Spike #55 Don & Maggie copy. I will post my own scan of it here later this week.

In my time away - this is the thread I have followed the most.

I have loved following your journey Silver.

How may (% wise) left Sir?

In my time away - this is the thread I have followed the most.

I have loved following your journey Silver.

How may (% wise) left Sir?

Thanks!

I am at 45/98 or 46%. I am thinking I may make the 50% mark this summer, a goal I did not anticipate would happen.

Awesome, keep posting as I, and I'm sure, many others hope you reach your goal.

Good Luck!

Picked this one up raw. I think I will get it slabbed, if it makes 7.0 I will add it to the registry. I don't think it would be a easy one to find in nicer shape. One of the covers I really like from the timeframe:

sas23.jpg

sas55.jpg

Here is the Don and Maggie copy. It is very similar to the Savannah copy and both are really nice examples of this issue.

57544786-fb17-466b-be6b-7947f598dd0c_zpse4fd9172.jpg

sas55.jpg

Here is the Don and Maggie copy. It is very similar to the Savannah copy and both are really nice examples of this issue.

57544786-fb17-466b-be6b-7947f598dd0c_zpse4fd9172.jpg

The colors really pop on the Don and Maggie copy.It looks a much superior copy.

Always like Christmas covers. There is a 9.6 (Savannah) on the census and this 8.5, that's all:

sas44cgc.jpg

I cracked this book out of the slab and was looking through it and saw this ad:

SAS44AD.jpg

I have a quite a few DC's from this month and have never seen this house ad before. Of course I am also a Rudolph collector so I think it's pretty cool.

Silver - congrats again on more pick ups - nearly half way!

How is your hunt for #1 - #10 coming on, and which issue do you think will give you the most difficulty finding in the grade and presentation you want?

Got a list of the issues you need so people can keep an eye out for you?

Good Luck!

Silver - congrats again on more pick ups - nearly half way!

How is your hunt for #1 - #10 coming on, and which issue do you think will give you the most difficulty finding in the grade and presentation you want?

Got a list of the issues you need so people can keep an eye out for you?

Good Luck!

Thanks!

I have no real hope that I will complete a full run in nice shape, but I do expect to continue adding books. As far as which ones I still need, I have posted everything I have in this thread. 1-37 will undoubtedly be the tougher books to find. The banner in my sig has my registry set, which is current for all but 4 raw books, which I swill slab and add to the set later this year.

While Sugar and Spike is certainly ambitious, you should look at some other registry sets, there are some unreal complete or near complete runs that other collectors have. Turok Dinosaur Hunter comes to mind.