• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are you watching/winning in the Comic Connect Auction?

135 posts in this topic

This was my one win. Probably all I'll get for the auction.

can2.14a.jpg

That's a nice one Cheetah. I've said it before about our tastes being so similar on books and I had placed an early bid on that one.

It was tough to skip it. The price was cheap compared to prior sales. Maybe they'll make a movie and it will sky rocket in value.

can2.14a.jpg

That's a nice one Cheetah. I've said it before about our tastes being so similar on books and I had placed an early bid on that one.

It was tough to skip it. The price was cheap compared to prior sales. Maybe they'll make a movie and it will sky rocket in value.

Besides you and I and a small handful of golden age boardies I don't think there's too much love for things like Canteen Kate and Pin-up Pete

This is a pretty good auction cycle for them with some of the AC books coming -- aside from the folks in Gold, anyone else watching the auctions closely or what do you have your eye on?
I'm closely watching all of the AC Actions but, won't be bidding on them. However, there's an Action #94 that would make my run from #71 through #100 complete. I will be bidding on this book.

Punishing bid placed :baiting:

I won the book! :cloud9:

My one win for this auction.....a bit of a grail book as an Atlas collector (Last Captain America in the Golden Age, Last issue of the run, Great Romita cover, tied for Highest Graded copy, sweet OW/W pages-a rarity for Atlas books-, and apparently, John Romita Sr.'s personal copy, if the ComicConnect auction description can be believed.) All for several hundred dollars less than what a comparably graded (and infinitely more common) Avengers # 4 would cost.

This one will get to sit in my collection for a few years.... :cloud9:

cap1.1107a.jpg

My one win for this auction.....a bit of a grail book as an Atlas collector (Last Captain America in the Golden Age, Last issue of the run, Great Romita cover, tied for Highest Graded copy, sweet OW/W pages-a rarity for Atlas books-, and apparently, John Romita Sr.'s personal copy, if the ComicConnect auction description can be believed.) All for several hundred dollars less than what a comparably graded (and infinitely more common) Avengers # 4 would cost.

This one will get to sit in my collection for a few years.... :cloud9:

cap1.1107a.jpg

Gorgeous! :golfclap:

can2.14a.jpg

Besides you and I and a small handful of golden age boardies I don't think there's too much love for things like Canteen Kate and Pin-up Pete

Probably not many people interested in the title, but no shortage of people interested in the guy who did the cover art.

My only wins tonight. probably overpaid a little(actually i DEFINITELY overpayed!) but these are two of my favorite BA DD covers and i freaking LOVE the Suscha books! I'll buy ANY Suscha Marvel that i can find as long as the price is reasonable.

Did i mention that i freaking LOVE the Suscha news pedigree books??? lol

dd95.jpg

dd112.jpg

I have won Amazing Spiderman 22 in 8.5, Amazing Spiderman 100 in 9.0, Avengers 4 in 5.0 and Doctor Strange 169 in 8.0. I lost out on Captain America Comics 76 which went for 150% of Overstreet in midgrade and ASM 121 and 122 in 8.5 and 9.0 which went at around guide.I still have 2 or three more books I have my eye on including one of my grails... updates to follow:)

can2.14a.jpg

Yes, a great deal in comparison to both guide and previous sales. (thumbs u

If I remember correctly, didn't this copy go at big multiples to guide for something like $3K in one of the Greg Manning auctions back in the late 90's. This was around the time that CGC first came onto the scene and everybody was still trying to figure out the prices and some of the GA went for silly money back in those early days.

Picked up the Detective Picture Stories #1 from 1936, and 22 issues of Famous Funnies.

Mark;

Great pickup on the DPS #1 as that's a key book from way back in 1936. Not too many books from that time period. (thumbs u

I remember when DPS #1 was a hot book back in the mid 90's when Overstrret had one available for sale during the Diamond Int'l Galleries opening. I believe it was snapped up by Fishler who had it available for resale for something like $5K which was some crazy multiple to guide at the time.

Even though I really wanted a copy of the book, looking back I am glad I never picked it up since market price after 15 years, is only now finally starting to catch up to that silly original asking price.