• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your TOP 3 CGC SS Books

69 posts in this topic

I couldn't the older thread that had been created, and I think it's time that we have one of these again in the Signature Room.

So take this as an opportunity to post the TOP 3 CGC SS BOOKS in your collection!

This first book represents how I got into CGC SS books in the first place. This issue was part of my first ever CGC submission - it came back a 9.6. I would eventually take that small 4 book submission and upgrade to 9.8s and upgrade to the copy that I posted here. When thinking about it, this book has big significance for me:

captainamericav51cgcss98.jpg

The second book is my grail book. It represents my first "grail" purchase which I funded by selling other comics. I want to also say that it was the first copy to be signed by both Joe Simon and Stan Lee (I could be wrong), but I think that is the case because my copy made the CGC gallery back when it was initially graded.

avengers4cgcss65.jpg

And for my third book, it's a tougher choice, but I think with the books I have arranged for this year, this third spot is going to be reserved for now.

I gotta go 4, cant limit it to just 3...

wbn32.jpg

14286f.jpg

11264f.jpg

And this one has REALLY grown on me. Not sure why; but it's rarity and uniqueness really appeals to me more now then when I bought it from Rich.

6663f.jpg

Top3 (for now) in no particular order

The Walking Dead #8 SS and sketch by Tony Moore

zvu9w4.jpg

The Walking Dead #75 SDCC variant SS by 13 cast/crew..might be the most cast sigs on one book for WD (shrug)

20z89hc.jpg

These Terrible Times SS by me :grin: I just like to see my name on a Yellow Label

oi9lrm.jpg

Daredevil v1 #181 CGC SS 9.4 - Signed by Colin Farrell, Jennifer Garner, and Stan Lee - I love this book, just based on who has signed the book. I would love to get Frank Miller and Ben Affleck on this, but I am perfectly satisfied with the signatures that are already on it.

Daredevil181CGCSS94ColinFarrellJenniferGarnerStanLee.jpg

Daredevil v2 #1 CGC SS 9.8 - Signed by Kevin Smith, Joe Quesada, and Jimmy Palmiotti - Frankly, I love Kevin Smith's work. So to have a Kevin Smith SS book in my collection, is awesome.

Daredevil1b.jpg

Superman/Batman #10 CGC SS 9.8 - Signed by Jeph Loeb, Jim Lee, Michael Turner, and Scott Williams - This is the only Michael Turner SS book I have, and it was this Supergirl story arc, that got me back into comics, in 2004. I became a huge Michael Turner fan since, but sadly, never got any Michael Turner SS done for myself while he was still alive. Though, I did purchased this book off of thecollector (Kris), a little while before Michael Turner passed away.

sb10a.jpg

Top3..I don't know, I like my books all the same. Either way I'll post 3 that was recently done thanks to a good friend of mine.

Absolutely happy that this turned out as a 9.8

secretwars8ss987002.jpg

Brubaker did a good one on Iron Fist. I liked the character ever since. I still wanted him to continue on that run but !@*%#^%..ah well..I wish there'd be more in the future.

marvelpremiere15ss98.jpg

With great power comes lots of cameos in movies.

asm1ss25.jpg