• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your top ten superhero movies post Captain America.

37 posts in this topic

i like a lot about my buddy's list, but no spidey 2? blasphemous.

and i'm with you on iron man, but supe 2 would miss mine as well---now supe 1 will get in with a bullet.

I read too fast, I saw Spidey (2002) and just read it as Spidey 2 (which of course it should be).

I go back and forth between Superman 1 and 2, first hour or so of Supe 1 combined with Supe 2 is pretty awesome. just kinda get upset with the spinning the earth backwards thing (and will try not to comment on time travel).

I have a hard time with the end of Supes 2, when he makes Lois forget with a kiss. doh!

+1. also, i can't stand that thing with the index finger where they could levitate stuff, and then at then end, when SUPERMAN goes back to the diner to beat up a bully, i want to barf.

In no particular order:

Superman

The Dark Knight

Batman Begins

Spider-Man 2

Superman 2

Captain America

Batman 1966 :insane:

Batman '89

Thor

Iron Man

In no particular order:

Superman

The Dark Knight

Batman Begins

Spider-Man 2

Superman 2

Captain America

Batman '89

Thor

Iron Man

strong list.

I was thinking of putting the Ed Norton Hulk on there. Underrated flick.

In no particular order:

Superman

The Dark Knight

Batman Begins

Spider-Man 2

Superman 2

Captain America

Batman '89

Thor

Iron Man

Only if the Batman 1966 had used Julie Newmar instead of Lee Meriweather (who was OK...by the way). lol

There are two movies I still haven't seen yet from this year....so I'd prefer to see these first before creating a "list".

But I think "Spider-Man" either 1 or 2 (loved both of them)...should be on this list. Very important movie(s), and also both were great movies. I think these two movies "raised the bar" just a little, therefore making "all" super-hero movies made after Spider-man better. hm

1. The Dark Knight: (by a mile w. Sin City)

2. Sin City: (Mickey Rourke, Clive Owen, Bruce Willis, Jessica Alba,

Elijah Wood, Benicio Del Toro, Josh Hartnett, Rutger Hauer,

Brittany Murphy, Jesse De Luna, Michael Madsen,

Carla Gugino,and so on....and...on)!

Directed by: Frank Miller, Robert Rodriguez,and Quentin Tarantino

3. Batman Begins

4. Spiderman 2

5. Captain America

6. Blade

7. Blade 3

8. Iron Man

9. 300

10 Newest X-Men

11 Underworld

12. X-Men

13. The Watchman

14. Thor

Ooops I cheated and did a few more!!

Dwight

This is a tough one, but since I like films that are fun and goofy, not necessarily profound and epic, here goes..

Superman and the Mole Men (1951)

Adventures of Captain Marvel (1941)

Superman II (1980)

Fleischer Superman cartoons of the 40's

Batman & Robin (1997)

Batman Forever (1995)

Captain America (2011)

Spiderman 2 (2004)

The Mask (1994)

Green Lantern (2011)

2. Sin City: (Mickey Rourke, Clive Owen, Bruce Willis, Jessica Alba,

Elijah Wood, Benicio Del Toro, Josh Hartnett, Rutger Hauer,

Brittany Murphy, Jesse De Luna, Michael Madsen,

Carla Gugino,and so on....and...on)!

Directed by: Frank Miller, Robert Rodriguez,and Quentin Tarantino

9. 300

I love both those films, but do they really qualify as superhero movies?

Obviously they have comic book roots though.

No Order:

Adventures of Captain Marvel

Batman Begins

Dark Knight Returns

Iron Man

Spider-man 2

Spy Smasher

Superman 1

Superman 2

X-men 2

X-men First Class

hm I like your approach (including the great Republic Serial versions of Fawcett's two biggest costumed heroes of the GA). I'd probably tweak it just a bit for my list by dropping the two Christopher Reeves Superman movies, adding X-Men (the first movie) or Watchmen (toss-up) and slipping in another serial, this one from the pulp era, The Spider's Web (Columbia). (thumbs u

1.) DK ( thought that would be the hands down consesus #1.... I place it top 20 all time best movies)

2.) Tie - Batman Begins and The Watchmen

4.) X--Men First Class

5.) Spidey 2

6.) X-2

7.) Iron Man

8.) Superman 1

9.) V for Vendetta

10.) Hellboy

If we are counting Sin City then it would bump Hellboy to #11

I agree,

The Dark Knight is just awesome, but I personally like the Dark, more serious types of comic related movies.

Thinking about it, and looking at your list, I could easily move The Watchman and the latest X-Men up to the #6-7 spot on my list.

My solid #2 is still Sin City (the mood/storyline/cast/film style), and then Batman Begins stays at a strong #3.

I thought that Spiderman #2 was a great movie and I really liked Captain America.

Dwight

I also really liked X Men First Class and X2, but not enough to put it in the top 10. And I'm a big fan of the Republic and Columbia serials, really fun stuff! Among my guilty pleasures are The Shadow with Alec Baldwin, The Phantom with Billy Zane and even Batman Forever, which is about half of a good movie(the Val Kilmer stuff; the characterization of Two Face is lousy).

I also really liked X Men First Class and X2, but not enough to put it in the top 10. And I'm a big fan of the Republic and Columbia serials, really fun stuff! Among my guilty pleasures are The Shadow with Alec Baldwin, The Phantom with Billy Zane and even Batman Forever, which is about half of a good movie(the Val Kilmer stuff; the characterization of Two Face is lousy).

I loved The Shadow with Alec Baldwin, The Phantom with Billy Zane as well along with this

4828433403_5734892f57.jpg

In no particular order:

The Crow

Watchmen (I loved Jackie Earle Haley's Rorschach)

Captain Marvel Serial (I agree with the others on this one - exceptionally well done)

Unbreakable

Superman The Movie

Fleischer Superman cartoons (I know not a movie but these are just incredible and still as vibrant today as when they were released)

Punisher (Thomas Jane version - what can I say, I liked this one)

V for Vendetta (one of my favorite movies ever)

Shadow - some say :sick: but I say (thumbs u

Blade Trilogy (cheating I know but I really enjoyed all three)

Other comic book favs-

Sin City