• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some 1976 Sears catalog pics...

127 posts in this topic

p><p> <blockquote data-ipsQuote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hibou" data-cite="Hibou" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="223656" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>[img]<a href=http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/dmpels/76sweats.jpg' alt='76sweats.jpg'>

I had the Superman shirt at the top of the page, plus the Six Million Dollar Man and Fonz shirts. :cloud9:

A friend of mine published a book that reprints all the boys toys in the Sears Christmas book from 1951 to 1970. He thought he'd sell a couple of thousand. Ten years later, his sales are close to a quarter million.

It's a blast from the past looking at those ads.

Very educational, as well. You'll see most prices stayed the same for items thru about 1966, but went up every year afterward. I also noticed NYC started restricting certain types of toy guns back in the 60s.

While it was great seeing all the toys I asked for and received, it still hurts when you see something you really wanted but never got.

Love that stuff!

yeah, I made this a watched topic so I can open this up and glance at it when

I am feeling blue.

I love these old school catalogs and yes BEST catalogs bring back a lot memories.

I bought my first G. I. Joe figures from there and my first Sony metal boombox

with my paper route money.

:cloud9:

Very cool stuff.

I had the Six Million Dollar Man doll as a kid. I loved that toy!

I think the sears model was different. Mine had an eye you could look through and also his arm skin would roll up so you could see the mechanics underneath.

Thanks for posting, I particularily enjoyed seeing the adverts for the Megos. I used to have alot of them when I was a kid, I was 10 years old in 1975. In 2002 I began collecting them again, and re-acquired complete sets of Star Trek including the rare andorian, as well as Marvel figures and some DC. Some were on original card, some were loose.

I sold them all in 2008 when I bought my condo and needed a downpayment.

Megos is an interesting collectible market for sure!

$300 for answering machine!!!! :o

Used to love it when the catalogs showed up. Always great fun.

Yeah that one jumped out as me as well...I had no idea they were even available back then. But at that price, no wonder I had never seen one since that equates to almost $1,000 in today's dollars! :o

But thanks for posting that catalog...VERY cool and great memories, I was 11 when that came out! :cloud9: