• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Believe it or not, the Comiclink August focused auction has begun!

233 posts in this topic

Based on what we saw with the CC Actions, what will this solo highest graded copy go for?

RADBFFB5201185_111849.jpg

Wow, not even two months ago my CGC 8.0 ® was the highest graded copy on both sides. Where did this beauty come from!!! :o

Come on...you guys! :baiting:

There's no longer anything special about this book ever since Overstreet removed the "rare" notation next to this book back in the 80's and took away the premium that used to be attached to it.

Can't afford this one but watching with interest anyways:

RADFE5E12011727_9578.jpg

you might be able to afford it. it only starts at $1 :baiting:

have a bid.... :devil:

and while you are there check out some other some of the other fantastic early Flessel DC New Adventure Comics !!!

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/search.asp?FocusedOnly=1&where=auctions&title=new+adventure+comics&x=0&y=0&ItemType=CB

shameless

Does anybody know what the standard sales consignment commission is for the 3 major auction houses: Heritage, CC, and CL?

i think it is %19, %10, %10 respectively. (shrug)

Heritage takes 10% from the winning bid, then the 19.5 BP from the buyer.

Does anybody know what the standard sales consignment commission is for the 3 major auction houses: Heritage, CC, and CL?

Heritage takes 10% from the winning bid, then the 19.5 BP from the buyer.

(thumbs u

Isn't the 19.5% for Heritage actually the buyer's premium? Are you telling me that they get another 19% from the seller also?

Sounds like a pretty good racket to be in if that's true.

Never mind....I just saw Jeff's correction. (thumbs u

Based on what we saw with the CC Actions, what will this solo highest graded copy go for?

This book will provide a pretty good tip off as to whether the two guys in the deathmatch on the A10 and A13 are collecting just Superman covers or the whole run.

This book will provide a pretty good tip off as to whether the two guys in the deathmatch on the A10 and A13 are collecting just Superman covers or the whole run.

+1

Wow, not even two months ago my CGC 8.0 ® was the highest graded copy on both sides. Where did this beauty come from!!! :o

Yes, an absolutely gorgous copy of a tough to find Action Comics #5. :cloud9:

Definitely looks better than a 8.5 from the front cover image. Just love how deep and solid the blue is on this particular copy. I guess there must be something on the back cover or interior that is pulling this book down to a 8.5 grade.

Don't you just love it when CL doesn't even bother to provide the potential bidders with a back cover scan. I guess it's just too much time and trouble and would cut into their tiny profit margin to do it for a book such as this. :boo:

I have always found comiclink to be more than willing to provide a back cover scan upon request. They do have the book on hand.

Don't you just love it when CL doesn't even bother to provide the potential bidders with a back cover scan. I guess it's just too much time and trouble and would cut into their tiny profit margin to do it for a book such as this. :boo:

This one is popular...

RAD24BD02011527_131254.jpg

That cover is amazing

I lost count how many times this particular copy has been up for sale, seriously why wouldn't one want to hold on to it?

I'm curious to see what this will go for. With the 7.0 white in ComicConnect's auction already at $575 with a day to go, which based on the half dozen copies i've bought and sold the past few years, i'd say is $175 overpayment already, i'm very curious to see what this goes for. IMO, I sold the best copy of this book already, the Big Apple. I remember what I sold it for. If this goes for more than that, then perhaps this book is picking up steam again as it sort of flatlined last year, likely due to a plethora of copies trading hands.

Yes, an absolutely gorgous copy of a tough to find Action Comics #5. :cloud9:

Definitely looks better than a 8.5 from the front cover image. Just love how deep and solid the blue is on this particular copy. I guess there must be something on the back cover or interior that is pulling this book down to a 8.5 grade.

I keep meaning to ask josh about that.... but always forgot doh!

This one is popular...

That cover is amazing

I lost count how many times this particular copy has been up for sale, seriously why wouldn't one want to hold on to it?

I'm curious to see what this will go for. With the 7.0 white in ComicConnect's auction already at $575 with a day to go, which based on the half dozen copies i've bought and sold the past few years, i'd say is $175 overpayment already, i'm very curious to see what this goes for. IMO, I sold the best copy of this book already, the Big Apple. I remember what I sold it for. If this goes for more than that, then perhaps this book is picking up steam again as it sort of flatlined last year, likely due to a plethora of copies trading hands.

There are 3 copies in 9.4. HockeyGuys comic hasn't changed hands since it sold and Cheetah purchased Roy's copy. How many times has this copy changed hands?

This one is popular...

That cover is amazing

There are 3 copies in 9.4. HockeyGuys comic hasn't changed hands since it sold and Cheetah purchased Roy's copy. How many times has this copy changed hands?

oodles