• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Believe it or not, the Comiclink August focused auction has begun!

233 posts in this topic

Guide - $365

Sale price - $2125

RAD28C412011713_1268.jpg

Yeah, I guess 50's DC are getting hot. I love this cover, but only about a grand worth. It just kept going, and going...

Guide - $365

Sale price - $2125

RAD28C412011713_1268.jpg

Yeah, I guess 50's DC are getting hot. I love this cover, but only about a grand worth. It just kept going, and going...

Surprised me, too. The Detective #193 was a solo highest graded copy with the 2nd highest a mere 6.5. But the Supes #144 shares the top spot with 2 other copies, and one of the three sold just last year for $1055.

That's my extra copy... Was surprised myself as there are 3 of them on the census.

I am keeping this white one..

stella6months215.jpg

Love it (thumbs u

just like heritage, nothing for me :cry:

:sorry: Nor me :cry:

It ain't over yet. Still one book tonight that I'm interested in. :wishluck:

actually me too...and surprisingly I am currently high bidder hm

just like heritage, nothing for me :cry:

:sorry: Nor me :cry:

It ain't over yet. Still one book tonight that I'm interested in. :wishluck:

actually me too...and surprisingly I am currently high bidder hm

Me too, so at least we're not going after the same book!

Guide - $365

Sale price - $2125

RAD28C412011713_1268.jpg

Surprised me, too. The Detective #193 was a solo highest graded copy with the 2nd highest a mere 6.5. But the Supes #144 shares the top spot with 2 other copies, and one of the three sold just last year for $1055.

The Supes 144 is a 1960s book, the Tec is a 1950s. In general, the census has been gradually filling out with the 60s books filling out a little faster. I expect more 144s to show up. It may never be cheap in 9.2 but I suspect that attractive vf+ or vf/nm copies will show up that will most likely be more affordable.

Congratulations Steve on remarkable prices for your Action #80 and Superman #30! Prior to last night's auction I had never seen a copy of Superman #30 even sell for guide much less way over guide! All you need to get a high price for your book is at least 2 bidders on a death march! But who knows maybe these books are in demand now! E [/quote

Thanks Erci!

I didn't think the two books would realize such high prices. And the MM 54 did well too. All in all, it was a profitable day as I've had these books for like forever.

And super congrats on your pickup of the Detective 193. That is a killer book; the colors are stunning. I think it's one of the great Joker covers. And with White Pages, too! I wonder if the stories from that issue have been reprinted--especially the Joker/Batman story. I'm sure it would be quite a read!

SLR

Guide - $365

Sale price - $2125

RAD28C412011713_1268.jpg

The Supes 144 is a 1960s book, the Tec is a 1950s. In general, the census has been gradually filling out with the 60s books filling out a little faster. I expect more 144s to show up. It may never be cheap in 9.2 but I suspect that attractive vf+ or vf/nm copies will show up that will most likely be more affordable.

I agree. That's why I didn't go after it harder. Another will turn up. Heck, this is the second 9.2 available in the last few months.