• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

machine to press comics

82 posts in this topic

I have no problem with your inquiry; I only wish to observe that this thread reminds me of all those "Hey, can someone give me GPA on Hulk 181 in 9.6" threads.

Some information this hobby isn't swift to share.

Yes, that is actually an excellent press for comics (ignore Dicey - he gets cantankerous at times due to Post Tumescence Syndrome).

It has a good temperature range (150F - 350F) and adjustable pressure. It IS a bit of overkill as the platen is 18.5" x 23" and it weighs 72 pounds.

There is a smaller companion model, the 160M, with a 18.5" x 15.5" platen that weighs in at 52 pounds.

The 210M goes new for $1800. If that one works, then even with the shipping charges, it was a very good deal.

I have been thinking of buying one a bit nicer than that one for making tee shirts. Just not sure if I have the space to set it up. I'll also want a dedicated printer for it too. And a soace nearby for my laptop. All that setup...

Anyway, if I do get one I'll probably experiment on a comic or two. I don't have any valuable comics though, so don't worry. Maybe the Marvel Christmas Special my dad used as a coaster can be repaired hm

,aybe I can figure out how to make a Venom black cover :D