• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else reading Venom?

17 posts in this topic

Just read # 4 and IMHO this is the most interesting take on the Venom concept so far. It's a good setup with Flash's disability feeding his desire to stay with the symbiote and his existing connection to the Spider Man story causing some interesting dynamics with the other characters.

So far, I'd say that the writing is good and the artwork is not bad. It's definitely a title that I'm starting to look forward to the next issue of. (thumbs u

I enjoyed issue #1. After that, Venom becomes the focus rather than Flash so I dropped it.

I'd say its 50/50 ... Its venom so they have to focus a bit on both characters (shrug)

I am reading Venom and am really enjoying it so far. The covers have been really good too. My only complaint is that I wish Tony Moore could be a little more consistent. The art hasn't been HORRIBLE, but I really prefer Tony's over the others.

Would ASM 654 be considered his first appearance? Or would ASM 300 (as that is actually the FIRST venom)? Or I guess you could even make the argument for 252 (may have the issue # wrong...the first black suit). It's just driving my OCD crazy.

ASM 252 first black suit (May, 1984)

Secret Wars 8 First appearance of Spider-Man's black alien costume. (Dec. 1984)

ASM 298 Cameo by Venom (March, 1988)

ASM 300 App by Venom (June, 1988)

ASM 654 1st app Venom 3 (April, 2011)

Gargan would be Venom 2, right?

ASM 252 first black suit (May, 1984)

Secret Wars 8 First appearance of Spider-Man's black alien costume. (Dec. 1984)

ASM 298 Cameo by Venom (March, 1988)

ASM 300 Cameo by Venom (June, 1988)

ASM 654 1st app Venom 3 (April, 2011)

Gargan would be Venom 2, right?

ASM 300 was a full story not a cameo

I enjoyed this series so far. So much so that I went and bought all the issues at Fan Expo. I even went and got ASM 654 and ASM 654.1! Like what graffix13 said, I also wish Tony Moore was only the one doing the art since I like hes better. His #6 Cover is just awesome!!!